+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

I recieved my work permit on 23rd December and immediately applied for a trv.

Today, I received an approval letter for my trv (applied inside canada) in my email today but my status hasnt been updated on the portal. I also havent recieved my instruction letter. I was wondering if i can send my passport in now with the letter of approval recieved in the email. I would really appreciate if somebody could share their instruction letter with me, so i dont get anything wrong.

I realise that i should be posting on trv forum, but that forum has been spammed by two, three individuals having impromptu conversations with other messages missed by patrons.

Thank you and hope everyone is doing well.
Send your passport only after you get the Original Passport Request letter on the portal.

prahu_shinde

Jan 6, 2020
Mumbai
Hello everyone,

I recieved my work permit on 23rd December and immediately applied for a trv.

Today, I received an approval letter for my trv (applied inside canada) in my email today but my status hasnt been updated on the portal. I also havent recieved my instruction letter. I was wondering if i can send my passport in now with the letter of approval recieved in the email. I would really appreciate if somebody could share their instruction letter with me, so i dont get anything wrong.

I realise that i should be posting on trv forum, but that forum has been spammed by two, three individuals having impromptu conversations with other messages missed by patrons.

Thank you and hope everyone is doing well.
Just wait for the Passport Request letter. You need that letter to put inside the envelope. Although you have to wait because of sat sun mon, it is better to send it on Tuesday via Canada post.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi,
Please I applied for my PGWP Sept 2022 and my ext would soon expire my HR department is asking for the PGWP document or I need to stop working until I get my PGWP, Please What should I do or what can I tell my employer so i dont have to stop working?

JJ UAE

May 16, 2021
Hi,
Please I applied for my PGWP Sept 2022 and my ext would soon expire my HR department is asking for the PGWP document or I need to stop working until I get my PGWP, Please What should I do or what can I tell my employer so i dont have to stop working?
You are allowed to work even after the expiry date mentioned on your WP Ext letter . Go to CIC website >PGWP Page> It is clearly mentioned you can continue your work if in case you dont get any response as per the mentioned date or waiting for response.Take a screenshot and share it to your HR.

PabloSektman

Jan 8, 2023
I'm asking for my sister-in-law. Any help will be appreciated.

Visitor Visa/Study permit both expire in July 2023. Graduation is May 2023. She wishes to apply for PGWP.

1) Does she apply for the PGWP before applying for a new TRV?
2) Does she need the PGWP to be approved before applying for the TRV? I understand it's a 6 month wait at the moment.
3) Can she stay in Canada on implied status having applied for a PGWP, but with no TRV (Obviously not leaving the country until she has both)?

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I'm asking for my sister-in-law. Any help will be appreciated.

Visitor Visa/Study permit both expire in July 2023. Graduation is May 2023. She wishes to apply for PGWP.

1) Does she apply for the PGWP before applying for a new TRV?
2) Does she need the PGWP to be approved before applying for the TRV? I understand it's a 6 month wait at the moment.
3) Can she stay in Canada on implied status having applied for a PGWP, but with no TRV (Obviously not leaving the country until she has both)?
1. You have to apply for PGWP before you apply for TRV because you would need the permit as a proof to get a new TRV.
2. Yes
3. Yes and in addition she can also work on implied status.

Reactions: PabloSektman

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
I have a question to the experts in the group.
I have 10 year Vistior visa to Canada.
I completed course in canada applied PGWP - may 10th and no response till now. goign for a full time job in canada.
Have to visit india , can i go and come back ? will there be any issues or anyone faced any issues when rentering canada ?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I have a question to the experts in the group.
I have 10 year Vistior visa to Canada.
I completed course in canada applied PGWP - may 10th and no response till now. goign for a full time job in canada.
Have to visit india , can i go and come back ? will there be any issues or anyone faced any issues when rentering canada ?
They might ask you to show your original work permit when you re-enter Canada.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
You are allowed to work even after the expiry date mentioned on your WP Ext letter . Go to CIC website >PGWP Page> It is clearly mentioned you can continue your work if in case you dont get any response as per the mentioned date or waiting for response.Take a screenshot and share it to your HR.
Thank you very much,

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
My PGWP got approved today. It shows final decision as approved. It says on my portal "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details"

I don't see any new messages though. Is this normal? Also how long does it usually take to receive the physical permit through mail? Thanks!!