+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I’m so worried to apply for coop work permit as I might need to travel urgently outside of Canada in April. My study permit is also expiring this April 2023 so I need to apply for that either way. Should I not apply for coop work permit alongside study permit extension since it is taking so long?

vaibhavvj

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hey Everyone, My pgwp was approved on Oct 16 and I got my counterfoil stamped on Dec 21, and I was supposed to receive my passport on Dec 30. I tracked my passport on Canada Post website, it says it was delivered on Dec 30 but when I checked my mailbox there is nothing. I tried contacting canada post so many times but they can't even tell me the address where it was delivered and I am so concerned and helpless I don't know what to do. I have a proof of what address I put on the return package, its correct and my address is my home, but it wasn't delivered. Whenever I get hold of CanadaPost they say to contact sender but canada immigration can't do anything about it. I don't know who to contact. Now I'm an immigrant in Canada and I don't even have my passport, I don't know what to do. ): Can someone please tell me who to contact .. and please don't use CanadaPost their customer service is terrible and I feel so helpless because of them. And I just lost the my passport which had my canada visa, us visa which I can't replace on a new passport.

Manikar

May 11, 2017
Hey Everyone, My pgwp was approved on Oct 16 and I got my counterfoil stamped on Dec 21, and I was supposed to receive my passport on Dec 30. I tracked my passport on Canada Post website, it says it was delivered on Dec 30 but when I checked my mailbox there is nothing. I tried contacting canada post so many times but they can't even tell me the address where it was delivered and I am so concerned and helpless I don't know what to do. I have a proof of what address I put on the return package, its correct and my address is my home, but it wasn't delivered. Whenever I get hold of CanadaPost they say to contact sender but canada immigration can't do anything about it. I don't know who to contact. Now I'm an immigrant in Canada and I don't even have my passport, I don't know what to do. ): Can someone please tell me who to contact .. and please don't use CanadaPost their customer service is terrible and I feel so helpless because of them. And I just lost the my passport which had my canada visa, us visa which I can't replace on a new passport.
In Mississauga we have community lockers and usually documents or small parcels will be delivered to our community mailbox(these are usually located on the side of our community street) which are different from regular mailbox slots at our door. If your landlord have it usually it will be delivered there securely! And landlord will have a key to open it!

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Applied on September 7th. Nothing till now except the confirmation and wp-ext. I'm hoping they're gonna process September applications now in January after holidays.
Hopefully they do.
Did anyone of you got approval for pgwp-extensions under public policy (Applied in August).
I noticed one or two approvals in FB. WP number starts with 3067 series.

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I’m so worried to apply for coop work permit as I might need to travel urgently outside of Canada in April. My study permit is also expiring this April 2023 so I need to apply for that either way. Should I not apply for coop work permit alongside study permit extension since it is taking so long?
Can someone please help me with this?

prahu_shinde

Jan 6, 2020
Mumbai
Can someone please help me with this?
A co-op work permit is way different than a PGWP work permit. When I was in the study period I also had co-op in my semester so because of covid I got my study permit for a shorter duration so I extended my study permit. Extending your co-op (work)permit is part of your study permit. So, the processing time for study permit extensions is different.

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
A co-op work permit is way different than a PGWP work permit. When I was in the study period I also had co-op in my semester so because of covid I got my study permit for a shorter duration so I extended my study permit. Extending your co-op (work)permit is part of your study permit. So, the processing time for study permit extensions is different.
Oh I see. So if I apply for study permit extension and also tick the box for coop work permit, the whole application will just be seen as a study permit extension, which has a different processing time than the work permits (initial and extension), right? If so, I will apply for both itself. Thank you so much

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Guys please assist urgently. I might lose my job if I cannot provide work permit, but they mailed it to wrong address and have not responded to any webforms. I am not in Canada anymore but need the hard copy of my permit to return. PLEASE ADVISE

starboy707

Jan 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

I recieved my work permit on 23rd December and immediately applied for a trv.

Today, I received an approval letter for my trv (applied inside canada) in my email today but my status hasnt been updated on the portal. I also havent recieved my instruction letter. I was wondering if i can send my passport in now with the letter of approval recieved in the email. I would really appreciate if somebody could share their instruction letter with me, so i dont get anything wrong.

I realise that i should be posting on trv forum, but that forum has been spammed by two, three individuals having impromptu conversations with other messages missed by patrons.

Thank you and hope everyone is doing well.