+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rac23

Apr 15, 2020
Thank you.

You don't need to wait for your spouse's pgwp approval.

Attach "Submission Confirmation" letter of your spouse's pgwp application with your sowp application.

Write an explanation letter mentioning all the details of your spouse (UCI, Application number, Date of submission etc), and that you'll provide his/her Post Grad Work Permit copy as soon as you receive it.

Usually they can check the status of your spouse's pgwp through their UCI and application number, but safer side just upload the hard copy through Webform once pgwp application is approved to support your application.

I followed the same process.
That’s good to know. Thanks for providing detailed clarification, much appreciated.

chibrtve

Dec 18, 2022
hello guys. I have an urgent problem. I have to travel back home for medical reasons and they mailed my work permit to the wrong address. Now idk where it is. Can I re-enter Canada with just my TRV and apply for replacement after I am back and keep working? If i don't have the physical copy of my permit.
it is not my fault as they mailed it somewhere else. but i have to travel immediately. plz advise. @Naturgrl

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
I would suggest also to verify the documents you provided, because for a study permit last year, I made the mistake of putting in the wrong address (wrong building number) and the envelope never came (because the address did not exist). It took me more than 6 weeks to get the hard copy. I had to call and tell them my mistake and they resent the document. Just check if you might have put in the wrong address...

And by documents, I mean the actual forms you submitted from the beginning. That's the address they use.
but i have to travel urgently. i have to leave canada my ticket is booked. what can i do now>

darkknight77

Dec 19, 2022
PGWP Timeline:
Applied August 16
Approved Dec 12
Eligibility review and approval on same day on Dec 12.
I was extremely stressed and worried like many people but please hang in there guys. Your hard work will eventually pay off. I know exactly what it feels to get anxious and worried when we are in the waiting phase. I hope anyone else in this situation gets their permit approved soon.

Yagnavel

Nov 18, 2022
PGWP Timeline:
Applied August 16
Approved Dec 12
I was extremely stressed and worried like many people but please hang in there guys. Your hard work will eventually pay off. I know exactly what it feels to get anxious and worried when we are in the waiting phase. I hope anyone else in this situation gets their permit approved soon.
Congratulations !!
Did you raised webform?

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hi, my work permit expired on October 4th, 2022. However, I received a letter on August 08th, 2022 that my work permit has been extended for 18 months and that I do not have to do anything and will be sent in the mail. But I haven’t received anything so far and my the public policy is ending on December 31st, 2022. Please advise if anyone is in a similar situation and should I apply to restore and extend my work permit.

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hi, my work permit expired on October 4th, 2022. However, I received a letter on August 08th, 2022 that my work permit has been extended for 18 months and that I do not have to do anything and will be sent in the mail. But I haven’t received anything so far and my the public policy is ending on December 31st, 2022. Please advise if anyone is in a similar situation and should I apply to restore and extend my work permit.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
PGWP Timeline:
Applied August 16
Approved Dec 12
was it PGWP extension?

risshin

Jul 16, 2019
PGWP Timeline:
Applied July 15
Approved Dec 20
3 years work permit
Applied inland Ontario
Hold on guys, it will come eventually.

Reactions: nmp98

ALEX.BIRSEN

Nov 10, 2022
I am filling for my SOWP application and have couple of queries, if anyone can help :) My spouse is in Canada and I am extending her work permit based on my PGWP

My Employment letter has my job responsibilities but it does not have NOC Code? Is that fine or NOC code is required?
Do I need an LOE, stating that I am attaching WP-Extension document as I have not received work permit yet.

Do we need to upload any other documents under "Marriage Certificate" other than the marriage certificate?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I am filling for my SOWP application and have couple of queries, if anyone can help :) My spouse is in Canada and I am extending her work permit based on my PGWP

My Employment letter has my job responsibilities but it does not have NOC Code? Is that fine or NOC code is required?
Do I need an LOE, stating that I am attaching WP-Extension document as I have not received work permit yet.

Do we need to upload any other documents under "Marriage Certificate" other than the marriage certificate?
1) No. Employment letter is enough.

2) Yes, mention that you'll provide PGWP through webform as soon as your application is approved and you receive your physical copy.

3) No.

All the best.

Reactions: ALEX.BIRSEN

risshin

Jul 16, 2019

if your marriage certificate is in a language other than English, i believe you need an official translated copy.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
PGWP inland application
Applied: 22 August 2022
Eligibility review started: 20 December
Approval: 21 December (afternoon)

I did not receive any emails about the updates.

Good luck everyone!

ALEX.BIRSEN

Nov 10, 2022
Hello, please help

I am filling my SOWP tomorrow, and I did not receive my Employment Letter with Roles and responsibilities as my boss is on Christmas vacation. I shall receive that letter after two weeks when he is back from vacation, but I can't wait that long as my spouse's status will expire.

Can I submit my application with three pay stubs and offer letter now? I shall send my letter with roles and responsibilities via web form in two weeks when I receive it.

Will that be fine? Please share your input.