+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nov 26, 2020
So should i wait?? I got WP-EXT on 27th may stating that “as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until September 22, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.”
It’s really upto you. To ensure success in PGWP approval at the border make sure that you have all the documents that the border officer will need. I have read horror stories when it comes to meeting a CBSA officer without proper document preparation.

Disregard the Sept 22, 2022 date (IRCC thinks it can process work permit applications in 120 days, which is not true since it’s taking 160+ days) you can work anywhere you want until you receive a decision regarding your application.

Balraj Dhillon

Feb 25, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
WP
It’s really upto you. To ensure success in PGWP approval at the border make sure that you have all the documents that the border officer will need. I have read horror stories when it comes to meeting a CBSA officer without proper document preparation.

Disregard the Sept 22, 2022 date (IRCC thinks it can process work permit applications in 120 days, which is not true since it’s taking 160+ days) you can work anywhere you want until you receive a decision regarding your application.
What documents they will ask graduation letter, diploma and transcripts?

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you have valid TRV and Study/Work Permit/interim work authorization you can go to the border for PGWP. I would call CBSA to check if they are okay with flagpoling.
I called to CBSA. They informed TRV is not required. One should have valid visa (study/work permit) when they do flag pooling.

shiv_d

Nov 30, 2022
Hello,

I have applied for PGWP on 19th September but haven't got wp-ext yet. employers are not allowing to work without that letter. anyone have idea about this situation? Local member of parliament can help in this case?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello,

I have applied for PGWP on 19th September but haven't got wp-ext yet. employers are not allowing to work without that letter. anyone have idea about this situation? Local member of parliament can help in this case?
Call IRCC to provide a letter of maintained status to you.

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
shall i worried if i haven't got wp-ext after applying for PGWP?
Hello, I beleive that the WP-EXT letter is generated after a set of rules is checked after your PGWP submission, and if passed you should get one. The least you could do is to raise a web form since trying to call IRCC seems like a waste of time. I was never able to reach them through the phone.

Reactions: timhortonsspender