+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nov 26, 2020
So, if an applicant has NOC B offer letter along with 3 recent paystubs, applicant can go for flag pooling on the same day for PGWP and families SOWP extension?
Yes, just make sure you have valid TRV/eTA and go well in advance before your current permits expires. Well in advance because if for any reason flagpoling doesn’t work out you can still enter the country on your current status and keep working. I forgot to mention before that it is your spouse’s (who is applying for PGWP) job offer and the 3 recent pay stubs.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, just make sure you have valid TRV/eTA and go well in advance before your current permits expires. Well in advance because if for any reason flagpoling doesn’t work out you can still enter the country on your current status and keep working. I forgot to mention before that it is your spouse’s (who is applying for PGWP) job offer and the 3 recent pay stubs.
But current processing time for TRV is almost 23 days (online). If an applicant goes to border for PGWP and SOWP extension, would there be any risk if visa is valid till 31 December 2022?

Balraj Dhillon

Feb 25, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
WP
Can i also go to border for pgwp, been waiting from 19th May?

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Yeah bro, even called IRCC and they said they will let the officer know that my application has crossed the processing time.
I couldn't even call them so I raised a web form to update IRCC that my application also crossed the 168 days processing time. I applied on June 8 with a dependent's visitor record.

Nov 26, 2020
But current processing time for TRV is almost 23 days (online). If an applicant goes to border for PGWP and SOWP extension, would there be any risk if visa is valid till 31 December 2022?
As long as you go to the border while you have a valid TRV and Study Permit you maybe allowed to re-enter Canada. You can also call CBSA to ensure that they are okay with flagpoling.

Balraj Dhillon

Feb 25, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
WP
Did you receive Interim Work Authorization? IRCC issues this after AOR. If yes, technically you could travel to the border but you’ll risk your implied status.
So should i wait?? I got WP-EXT on 27th may stating that “as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until September 22, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.”