+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I have question what if the letter that normally we get to work while waiting for pgwp that tells us date like jan 2023 or which ever comes first…..if pgwp takes longer than jan like april 2023 or feb 2023 can we still work ???
Yes you can till you get a decision

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I have question what if the letter that normally we get to work while waiting for pgwp that tells us date like jan 2023 or which ever comes first…..if pgwp takes longer than jan like april 2023 or feb 2023 can we still work ???
Yes you can still work

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Yes, one can work beyond the said date mentioned on the WP-EXT. I made the mistake of going by the fine print but thereafter I found this detailed link. The PgWP is taking longer than expected time and way more than 120 days. Therefore in case the employer or employee develops any doubt they can refer to the link as mentioned here.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

All the best.

billw

Oct 27, 2022
Applied on May 11 , PGWP only in canada and still waiting. raised Webform a month ago and still no response :-(
That's awful. Do you try to call them? Clearly they start to process June's application, but left a portion of May's left? The way they are doing this is a mystery.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
That's awful. Do you try to call them? Clearly they start to process June's application, but left a portion of May's left? The way they are doing this is a mystery.
May 3rd here and still waiting for my application to be withdrawn lol. I got my PGWP already at the border.

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Been calling IRCC number of times a day but not getting connected to any representative. Stuck like anything.

• Sad
Reactions: billw