+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

banff__

Sep 11, 2022
Dont submit a new work permit application, submit a webform requesting an extension of the letter you received. IRCC should have no problem providing you with one.

actually my WP-EXT states Sept 21. I have sent MULTIPLE web-forms requesting an extended WP-EXT. And I have received nothing back. even I am getting anxious. on top of that even my SIN has expired.

banff__

Sep 11, 2022
How long would it take them to reply to a web form? I know they usually take long and I only have until next week. I may give it a try though. Thanks!
pls let me know what they said? because I have sent multiple web-forms for an extended WP-EXT and heard nothing back. Btw my WP-EXT states sept 21. so not too far apart from you.

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
Hey- my letter says "you can work till XXX or until a decision has been made, whichever comes first".

Doesn't 'whichever comes first' mean that if they haven't decided till my date is passed then I must cease working? Someone pls help this is causing me sooo much anxiety.
That's where I got confused too. This will help you: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

If you have applied on March 24 then you have already passed the 166 days processing time, call them and they'll escalate your file.

Reactions: banff__

banff__

Sep 11, 2022

Kalkikoba

Sep 11, 2022
Hi everyone.

I'm in a bit of a situation. I applied for my PGWP on Sept 2nd, 2 days after my study permit expired. I accepted a full time job, thinking I was on implied status but have now stopped working. I have already sent in my PGWP application and renewal.

Do I need to report this unauthorized work? I know there was a section on the form, but I am only now realizing. Can/should I submit a webform? Will it affect my chances or delay my application? Super worried so any help would be appreciated

SeanSong91

Apr 25, 2021
I applied on August 30, 2022 and application was received on August 31, 2022.

I noticed that they are requiring IMM5257 - Schedule 1 on the application document checklist page.

Looks like they are interested in my travel history.

However I did not receive any message/e-mail actually requesting it.

Have you experienced something like this? Would it delay my application process for months?

Reactions: maam1994

Sissyyy

Sep 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've applied on May 27th and still nothing. I know it's taking a while, but I just have one question. I did a 2 year program so technically I'll get a 3 year PGWP, but during my program I did everything in a row I did not take any summer break which means that I only did one year and half, but on my graduation letter it says that I did 2 years anyway. Do you think it can do something to the length of my PGWP or will I still get 3 years?

ywang625

Sep 2, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've applied on May 27th and still nothing. I know it's taking a while, but I just have one question. I did a 2 year program so technically I'll get a 3 year PGWP, but during my program I did everything in a row I did not take any summer break which means that I only did one year and half, but on my graduation letter it says that I did 2 years anyway. Do you think it can do something to the length of my PGWP or will I still get 3 years?
Pretty sure you will get 3 years. Relax