+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nakraniyash3

Jul 8, 2022
To those who applied in Jan and are still waiting, did you have any PR application in process as well. I have an TR to PR Stream B Application in progress and I had mentioned that in my PGWP application. It's just a wild guess but I think the delay in work permit processing might be related to it? What do you guys think?

Reactions: Poyani

dippatel1994

Aug 8, 2022
This is great news. Processing time seems to be reducing. Apply for your TRV as soon as possible so that you'd have it for whenever you may need to travel.
Thank you for your reply. I think TRV itself is taking 3 more months right now. Things are crazy right now !!

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
To those who applied in Jan and are still waiting, did you have any PR application in process as well. I have an TR to PR Stream B Application in progress and I had mentioned that in my PGWP application. It's just a wild guess but I think the delay in work permit processing might be related to it? What do you guys think?
It shouldn't. Two different applications, one has nothing to do with the other.

Reactions: nakraniyash3

nakraniyash3

Jul 8, 2022
Does anyone have any ideas about reasons it might be taking so long for them to review my application. It's been in review since the start of July and I have seen that it's usually approved within 1-2 days of review. At first I thought the officer might be on a vacation but it's been over a month since review started but there's still no progress?

Poyani

Jun 16, 2021
To those who applied in Jan and are still waiting, did you have any PR application in process as well. I have an TR to PR Stream B Application in progress and I had mentioned that in my PGWP application. It's just a wild guess but I think the delay in work permit processing might be related to it? What do you gu
Yes,my son has same case. He apllied for pgwp on Jan 21 and tr to pr also

imaadabbas

Jul 6, 2022
Does anyone have any ideas about reasons it might be taking so long for them to review my application. It's been in review since the start of July and I have seen that it's usually approved within 1-2 days of review. At first I thought the officer might be on a vacation but it's been over a month since review started but there's still no progress?
Have you applied for GCMS Notes?

Reactions: nakraniyash3

okah

Jan 15, 2022
Applied 29 Jan 2022
Eligibility also started last week - 15 Jul 2022.

I'm not sure why it still was not approved
Since it took too long to review the eligibility, I called IRCC this morning. The agent told me that it already approved but the file was waiting for someone to send me the approval.

Anyway, right after my call, I got un update on my application and its approved for one year. I suggest anyone whose application already started for reviewing, better call IRCC soon.

Applied 29 Jan 2022
Eligibility started - 15 Jul 2022
Approval - 10 Aug 2022 for one year

shreypdev

Aug 10, 2022
Since it took too long to review the eligibility, I called IRCC this morning. The agent told me that it already approved but the file was waiting for someone to send me the approval.

Anyway, right after my call, I got un update on my application and its approved for one year. I suggest anyone whose application already started for reviewing, better call IRCC soon.

Applied 29 Jan 2022
Eligibility started - 15 Jul 2022
Approval - 10 Aug 2022 for one year
which number did you call them on? Will you be able to send it here so we can get in touch as well. Thanks!

sami101

Jun 9, 2022
Hello guys, finally got it! I applied from Edmonton after completing my 2 years Masters degree and received a 3 years work permit.

Applied: February 27, 2022
WP Extension Letter: February 28, 2022
Review Started: August 2, 2022
Approval Update: August 3, 2022
Approval Letter: August 4, 2022
Hard Copy Arrival: August 9, 2022

Days from Application to Approval Update: 158!

One of my friends who applied 10 days after me got his approval just a day after me. So, I'm thinking that they're probably processing them much faster now. All the best to all those waiting!

Cheers.