+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Sara7697

May 16, 2022
Hello all, I have a question regarding thee TRV application,
I have recently received my PGWP and I am applying for TRV from Canada to travel back home.
The application form requires information such as the duration of the visit and whom I am visiting inside of Canada.
Can anyone help me with the issue?

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
Hi Sara,

I have a feeling you might have ticked off the wrong box, instead of applying visitor visa from inside Canada, you might be filling the form required by people visiting from outside Canada. I would recommend checking your questionnaire again and check the application form again!

Hope this helps!
I also applied for my TRV after PGWP approval and got the same details to be filled. The visit duration would be from current date to your PGWP expiry date. You can share your employer details if you are working or just share your friend details.

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
I also applied for my TRV after PGWP approval and got the same details to be filled. The visit duration would be from current date to your PGWP expiry date. You can share your employer details if you are working or just share your friend details.
I agree, it should be from the start date of your PGWP to the end date mentioned on the letter. Apologies for any miscommunication!

RuchiBajaj

May 7, 2020
I agree, it should be from the start date of your PGWP to the end date mentioned on the letter. Apologies for any miscommunication!
It cannot be from the start date of PGWP as the form does not allow for entering the back date so it has to be the current date or any future later date.

camper

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Silent observer here, so I got a ghost update on Friday and a message saying you have passed medical exam. Not sure if that means anything but fingers crossed

Reactions: Miracle2018

dippatel1994

Aug 8, 2022
Applied: February 25th, 2022
Review started: July 26th
Approved: August 3rd

Granted 3 years PGWP expiring on July 26th (3 years from the day review started) 2025. Can someone help me with what will be my next steps - TRV?

I think approval dates are moving faster now, all the best everyone! Hang on a little :)

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied: February 25th, 2022
Review started: July 26th
Approved: August 3rd

Granted 3 years PGWP expiring on July 26th (3 years from the day review started) 2025. Can someone help me with what will be my next steps - TRV?

I think approval dates are moving faster now, all the best everyone! Hang on a little :)
This is great news. Processing time seems to be reducing. Apply for your TRV as soon as possible so that you'd have it for whenever you may need to travel.

Reactions: Haze22