+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

reza123456

Apr 1, 2019
Good to know it helps
Hi dear Eliane,
I am so sorry. I have a question since few months ago and could not get my answer.

My wife graduated Feb 7th
She applied for PGWP March 25th

NOW, on the link you sent, it says after applying for PGWP, one letter as acknowledgement is sent automattically (we have that). Also, one more letter is sent as IMM0127E-WP-EXT. My wife has not got any IMM0127. She did not get anything as WP-EXT.
So now, we have problem here. She did not get IMM0127 WP-EXT (However it is saying that the validity is 120 days). It means that she cannot request the supporting document to extend 120 days.

So, our final question, her study permit is getting expired Aug. 11th. Does she need to apply for Study Permit EXT? Does she need to do anything? Or stop working?

Thanks for your time, please let us know what to do exactly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi dear Eliane,
I am so sorry. I have a question since few months ago and could not get my answer.

My wife graduated Feb 7th
She applied for PGWP March 25th

NOW, on the link you sent, it says after applying for PGWP, one letter as acknowledgement is sent automattically (we have that). Also, one more letter is sent as IMM0127E-WP-EXT. My wife has not got any IMM0127. She did not get anything as WP-EXT.
So now, we have problem here. She did not get IMM0127 WP-EXT (However it is saying that the validity is 120 days). It means that she cannot request the supporting document to extend 120 days.

So, our final question, her study permit is getting expired Aug. 11th. Does she need to apply for Study Permit EXT? Does she need to do anything? Or stop working?

Thanks for your time, please let us know what to do exactly.
If she graduated on February 7 then her study permit automatically expired on May 8. Study permits expire 90 days after graduation. So she has been without status since May if she didn’t extend her study permit.

If you finish your studies earlier than expected
Your study permit will expire on whichever date comes first:
  • the date marked on the permit or
  • 90 days after the day you complete your studies

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=492&top=15

reza123456

Apr 1, 2019
If she graduated on February 7 then her study permit automatically expired on May 8. Study permits expire 90 days after graduation. So she has been without status since May if she didn’t extend her study permit.

Thanks for reply,
If she has been without status, means she could not work or she is on maintained status? And why she has not received any IMM0127 WP-Ext?

seominp

Dec 23, 2018

She hasn't been without status tho? He mentioned she applied for PGWP in March so she's on implied status waiting for her PGWP to be approved. How is she without status?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She hasn't been without status tho? He mentioned she applied for PGWP in March so she's on implied status waiting for her PGWP to be approved. How is she without status?
She is on implied status but study permit expired 90 days after graduation not in August like person assumed. My wording was incorrect.

zabada

Jul 5, 2022
Finally, I got my permit. Waiting was so stressful, but following this forum made me less anxious during this process. Thank you everyone!

Timeline:
Submitted: Feb 19, 2022
Review of eligibility started: July 28th, 2022
Approved: July 28th, 2022
Received paper copy: Aug 4, 2022
3 years PGWP

Good luck you all! Hope you all get your permits soon.

koyac

Nov 28, 2019
Hi. I hope you guys can help me with a question.
I applied for the PGWP back in march and still waiting. My spouse applied for an extension of her OWP, as we are in implied status because our permits already expired, can she change of employer or is there a clause about that?

I guess that it is ok as the rules of her past OWP are applying to her as we wait for the new one but wanted to check if anyway knows it for sure.

Thank you!

Gurvinder001

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
so i applied for my pgwp it got refuel first then i again reapplied on jan 21 with proper documentation from college about part time status
But from july 6 my application is under review I haven’t gotten any update