+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Amznpaks1779

Jul 30, 2019
Hi,
Since I'm silently following this forum I'd like to share mine.

Applied: Feb 8, 2022
Eligibility: July 20, 2022
Approved: July 21, 2022
Good for 3 years
Course: Post Secondary 2 years (16months study & 8 months Co-Op)

No Email, just constantly checking my GCKEY after seeing a February applicants.
Good luck Everyone!

Last edited:

seominp

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,
Since I'm silently following this forum I'd like to share mine.

Applied: Feb 8, 2022
Eligibility: July 21, 2022
Approved: July 22, 2022
Good for 3 years
Course: Post Secondary 2 years (16months study & 8 months Co-Op)

No Email, just constantly checking my GCKEY after seeing a February applicants.
Good luck Everyone!
It's still July 21st today though? How did you find out yours is approved for tomorrow? What timezone are you in?

• Haha
Reactions: Amznpaks1779

sabbyjones

Jul 21, 2022
Hi folks I have query regarding travel. My study will be finishing in dec 2022 and I have valid study permit and Trv till 30 April 2023. Can I go to my home country and travel back in March after applying pgwp inside Canada. If anyone has travelled on this scenario. Please help actually I need to travel to India in Feb 2023..

Amznpaks1779

Jul 30, 2019
It's still July 21st today though? How did you find out yours is approved for tomorrow? What timezone are you in?
Haha you're right I'll correct it now! I forgot I'm currently using the timezone in my country (Philippines) which is in 22 right now. Thanks for the correction.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I applied via mail to extend my PGWP. On the home page, my app was received on Feb 1st.

For some reason, on the home page of CIC where it shows you all your apps, my date submitted says March. However when I open the application it says data received Feb 1st. My app was already received Feb 1st and Im wondering if anyone faced this before. Do I have to wait an extra month now?
Hey. Same with me.

The applications list shows June, even though I applied in May. I then realized that I linked the application in June, and that's why it shows that way. I believe it's the same case with you - applied in Feb and linked in March. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Your processing time started from Feb 1st, though, when they received your application.

Reactions: manimtired

Abhin Shiny James

Jan 11, 2019
Hi all,
Is it possible that the processing time might be more in case if your passport expires before the 3 year you are supposed to get?
I applied 4th Feb.
All my classmates, everyone I know mostly got the PGWP.
My Passport expires 2024 so I will get only 2 years. Does this take longer for them(IRCC) to sort out?
Thanks

Reactions: OmarShafey