+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Pingers

Dec 21, 2021
Do you need to submit the approved PGWP of your spouse while your OWP application is still processing? Been implied for a while and spouse just received the hardcopy.
Yes, you need to have your spouses PGWP in your application for a SOWP. It is one of the necessary documents to have your work permit approved.

I am in the same position as you, I uploaded my spouses PGWP yesterday as we only just received it. I applied for my work permit March 28th, with paystubs and letter of employment.

Reactions: Miracle2018

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I applied on Jan 19th.. Still waiting for approval..
A quick question.. I need to travel to US in early august.. My PGWP isn't approved yet and my study permit expires Jul 31.. I have TRV stamping till 2024 so no issues there.
Can I travel and come back( 2 days work trip) or coz my study permit expired and I'm on implied status I cannot

Reactions: Abhin Shiny James

Abhin Shiny James

Jan 11, 2019
I applied on Jan 19th.. Still waiting for approval..
A quick question.. I need to travel to US in early august.. My PGWP isn't approved yet and my study permit expires Jul 31.. I have TRV stamping till 2024 so no issues there.
Can I travel and come back( 2 days work trip) or coz my study permit expired and I'm on implied status I cannot
Hi all,
This is exactly my situation. I applied for PGWP Feb. 4th. Still waiting for response. I have a US trip this month 29(work trip).I know that we don't need TRV to reenter Canada after a travel solely to USA, but you need to have status(valid study/work permit). Being, in implied status, what can I expect to happen when I reenter canada? Please note I dont have a valid study permit but only status is that I have applied for PGWP.

imaadabbas

Jul 6, 2022
Eligibility Review started on 8th July, no response after that. Is anyone in a similar situation. It's been 173 days for me today.
People who have applied after me have recived their approvals.