+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jwhamster

Jun 29, 2022
I know a lot of people are dying to hear some positive news. So I thought I would register an account to share with you that:
I applied on Jan-20th and my review of eligibility has started somewhere today (Jun 29).
No email has been sent to my inbox though.
Stay tone, stay positive, you will get your soon:)

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Hi All,

I am new to this platform and this forum has helped me with my anxiety.
I applied on 15th Jan and my review started on 23rd June but no decision has been made yet!
I called multiple times, also raised a webform.
Should I be worried?

Reactions: Miracle2018

nyarr1308

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

I use this forum as a general way to check the processing time. Just got approve today. Thanks for all the update and helpful info

Application Date: Jan 17 2022
Apply in Canada
WP-EXT letter: Jan 18 2022
Submit a web form on: Jun 24 2022
Got a ghost update: June 28 2022
Approved in June 29 2022
Duration 3 years
I studied 3 years program, no summer break

Stay positive my January application gangs. They will get there soon.

eugmke

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

I applied it on Jan 19th. I saw the status changed to sth like "Application status update" this morning PST. But, after a while, I logged in again and the status returned back to "Submitted". I'm not sure what it means. I'm sure I saw the updated status. Does someone have any idea about that?

Reactions: dudunk444

eugmke

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

I use this forum as a general way to check the processing time. Just got approve today. Thanks for all the update and helpful info

Application Date: Jan 17 2022
Apply in Canada
WP-EXT letter: Jan 18 2022
Submit a web form on: Jun 24 2022
Got a ghost update: June 28 2022
Approved in June 29 2022
Duration 3 years
I studied 3 years program, no summer break

Stay positive my January application gangs. They will get there soon.
Hey, what is the ghost update? I applied it on Jan 19th. I saw the status changed to sth like "Application status update" this morning PST. But, after a while, I logged in again and the status returned back to "Submitted". I'm not sure what it means. Is it the ghost update?

joannanyler

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
03-05-2022
Passport Req..
22-12-2022
Hey, what is the ghost update? I applied it on Jan 19th. I saw the status changed to sth like "Application status update" this morning PST. But, after a while, I logged in again and the status returned back to "Submitted". I'm not sure what it means. Is it the ghost update?
Yup it is..Keep checking maybe reviewing of eligibility started and you will get approval tomorrow.

FGN_8

May 30, 2021
i, all.

I applied for my PGWP on Jan 8 and got my letter Jan 9 stating I could work full time until October 6th or if I get a decision - whichever comes first.

Does that mean come October 6th, I cant work anymore? I am currently employed part time but am looking for FT work. If I do get employed, does that mean I have to go back to part time? When does implied status come into place?

Huz96

Jun 14, 2022
i, all.

I applied for my PGWP on Jan 8 and got my letter Jan 9 stating I could work full time until October 6th or if I get a decision - whichever comes first.

Does that mean come October 6th, I cant work anymore? I am currently employed part time but am looking for FT work. If I do get employed, does that mean I have to go back to part time? When does implied status come into place?

Hey, from the CIC website

Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us
Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: After you apply - Canada.ca