+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ukuduck

Mar 1, 2022
I had applied my PGWP without completion letter as my study permit was expiring and I had not received my grades from University. I submitted my completion letter through web form after 3 days of pgwp application. Will it affect my PGWP approval time? or will I get refusal?
I am in the same boat. My study permit expired for 20+ days when I applied for my PGWP. I got my completion letter and my transcript for the PGWP anyways. I am not sure if the officers think that I studied while my study permit was expired. Really stressful whether my situation will affect my PGWP approval

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive physical pgwp paper?
One to two weeks depending on where you live. Mine took one week, I live in Vancouver. If you live in a big city it shouldn't be more than two weeks.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I applied Jan 21st and my review of eligibility has not yet started. My friend who applied on Jan 23rd got hers approved yesterday. I wonder why their processing order does not go by the application date?

i also never received the imm 0127e wp ext which most of my pgwp applicant friends got. Will this be a problem?

tried calling but no agents are available. Also submitted a webform last week. No replies yet.
I am also in the same boat. Applied PGWP in April and never received the IMM 0127e whereas I have seen almost everyone received it those applied along with me.

brouhaha123

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

Long message so bear with me please.

I got the degree completion letter from my uni on the 25th of Feb, 2022 (started Sep 2019, took an extra term to graduate) . I applied for the PGWP on May 9, 2022 and got the confirmation of application and a letter that states I can work full time etc till Sep 6th for any employer, for any number of hours. My study permit expired on the 30th of May, All my documents in order, no gap in my studies, the only work I did was for the university as a research assistant. I did however apply and was approved for a MITACS internship that started on April 4th and runs till end July, something I mentioned in my PGWP application.

I applied for my dream job and got it and I start on the 15th of August. I'm freaking out now cause I found out that I was supposed to stop working immediately after my studies were complete and I'm really afraid that my PGWP is going to get rejected because of this internship. I was hoping that someone can offer me advice as to what I should do and whether my PGWP application is going to suffer. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
Hi all,

I got the degree completion letter from my uni on the 25th of Feb, 2022 (started Sep 2019, took an extra term to graduate) . I applied for the PGWP on May 9, 2022 and got the confirmation of application and a letter that states I can work full time etc till Sep 6th for any employer, for any number of hours. My study permit expired on the 30th of May, All my documents in order, no gap in my studies, the only work I did was for the university as a research assistant. I did however apply and was approved for a MITACS internship that started on April 4th and runs till end July, something I mentioned in my PGWP application.

I applied for my dream job and got it and I start on the 15th of August. I'm freaking out now cause I found out that I was supposed to stop working immediately after my studies were complete and I'm really afraid that my PGWP is going to get rejected because of this internship. I was hoping that someone can offer me advice as to what I should do and whether my PGWP application is going to suffer. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You applied for the PGWP while your study permit was valid. Therefore, you'll have implied status until a decision on your PGWP is made, which means you can keep working.

mn1999

Aug 21, 2018
Hi all,

In a similar situation, let me know if you hear back about your PGWP.

dhamal

Jun 28, 2022
I am in the same boat. My study permit expired for 20+ days when I applied for my PGWP. I got my completion letter and my transcript for the PGWP anyways. I am not sure if the officers think that I studied while my study permit was expired. Really stressful whether my situation will affect my PGWP approval
When did you applied?