+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
Wow, it's really taking that long for approvals nowadays. Did anyone have a harder time getting a job with implied status?
Applied in May so still a long way to go, hoping it won't interefere with my job hunt more than being on a permit already does hah.
It really depends in the industry you want to get in, and who does your interview. I find being interviewed by recent immigrants helps because they make an effort to understand our situation.
It seems that the size of the company also matters. Employers from a small company might completely lose interest in the prospective employee's profile when the implied status is mentioned. They don't care about supporting documents at all.

Reactions: AdmiralGG

AdmiralGG

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
It seems that the size of the company also matters. Employers from a small company might completely lose interest in the prospective employee's profile when the implied status is mentioned. They don't care about supporting documents at all.
I really agree with this point!

nkkk111

Jun 28, 2022
Hey Guys, First of all, thank you so much, I have been reading the forum since it was on 1000 pages and it has been very very helpful
I applied for my PGWP on 17 Jan and still nothing Raised the web form once but no reply
What should I do
Applied Jan 17 Inland from Toronto, Letter date: 21 Jan

Hwallikniw

Star Member
May 25, 2022
Hey Guys, First of all, thank you so much, I have been reading the forum since it was on 1000 pages and it has been very very helpful
I applied for my PGWP on 17 Jan and still nothing Raised the web form once but no reply
What should I do
Applied Jan 17 Inland from Toronto, Letter date: 21 Jan
Hang in there for a few days! Should be hearing something by end of week or early next week

Reactions: AdmiralGG

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Although I agree with your point, it was actually the way around for me. The big company ghosted me after mentioning my status, and the local company made an effort to understand my status and are okay with waiting for the approval since the position needs a specific security clearance.

esyxc33

May 13, 2022
Applied Jan 18th,
Just went to my account and found they have started reviewing eligibility (Jan 28th)
Will update here once I have any news
----
Update:
Application has been approved at the same day (a few hours after the eligibility reviewing)
Three-year's program, got three years work permit.
No email notification, had to to back to my account and check.

Good luck to those who still waiting for your results!

Last edited:

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
Although I agree with your point, it was actually the way around for me. The big company ghosted me after mentioning my status, and the local company made an effort to understand my status and are okay with waiting for the approval since the position needs a specific security clearance.
That's interesting! Did you mention your status in the cover letter or during the interview?

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
That's interesting! Did you mention your status in the cover letter or during the interview?
I did not mention it in the cover letter. I thought that explaining my situation during the interview will give me more chances of getting the job, and it worked!

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
I did not mention it in the cover letter. I thought that explaining my situation during the interview will give me more chances of getting the job, and it worked!
I thought the same as you. However I tried both ways, but none worked so far.

dhamal

Jun 28, 2022
I had applied my PGWP without completion letter as my study permit was expiring and I had not received my grades from University. I submitted my completion letter through web form after 3 days of pgwp application. Will it affect my PGWP approval time? or will I get refusal?

Jun 28, 2022
I applied Jan 21st and my review of eligibility has not yet started. My friend who applied on Jan 23rd got hers approved yesterday. I wonder why their processing order does not go by the application date?

i also never received the imm 0127e wp ext which most of my pgwp applicant friends got. Will this be a problem?

tried calling but no agents are available. Also submitted a webform last week. No replies yet.