+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Gurvinder001

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
So I applied for my PGWP after my student permit expired 5 days ago and applied to restore my status as a student. However I have seen some say you cannot work while waiting for it to be approved and that is an issue as I hear it takes 4 months or more. I cannot do anything for 4 months and all and need work. Is there anything I can do to get assistance or try and work temporarily?
U r not allowed to work until ur study permit is approved because you are on restoration

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
anyone aware or utilized the below temp policy?
If I understand correctly, seems like letter of completion and transcript can be to follow after application.

"Due to school closures, many international students may be unable to obtain a letter of completion or final transcript from their DLI. As a temporary facilitation measure, applicants who apply for a PGWP will be allowed to submit an application without their letter of completion or final transcript. When IRCC processes the application, the documents will be requested by the processing officer as per the procedures for requests for additional documents on open applications."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html

wrogn

Jun 19, 2022
Applied online on January 11, 2022
Eligibility review started June 18, 2022
Application approved on June 20, 2022, for 3 years (2 years study program)

I have been regularly following this thread to get updates on the PGWP timeline so thank you very much all of you for providing updates regarding your applications. It helped me a lot to understand the actual timeline and not panic because my application had passed the average processing time a long time ago.

Also, I saw some people were confused about whether or not they can start a new job after their study permit/TRV and SIN are expired and the answer is yes (if you have already applied for PGWP and are on implied status). I accepted a job offer after my TRV and SIN were expired and I actually started working and received pay cheques as well and no issues. A lot of my other friends also did the same and had no issues so go on and start your dream jobs while waiting for a decision on your application because you can totally work on your implied status and start a new job even after the expiry of TRV and SIN.

AdmiralGG

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
Applied online on January 11, 2022
Eligibility review started June 18, 2022
Application approved on June 20, 2022, for 3 years (2 years study program)

I have been regularly following this thread to get updates on the PGWP timeline so thank you very much all of you for providing updates regarding your applications. It helped me a lot to understand the actual timeline and not panic because my application had passed the average processing time a long time ago.

Also, I saw some people were confused about whether or not they can start a new job after their study permit/TRV and SIN are expired and the answer is yes (if you have already applied for PGWP and are on implied status). I accepted a job offer after my TRV and SIN were expired and I actually started working and received pay cheques as well and no issues. A lot of my other friends also did the same and had no issues so go on and start your dream jobs while waiting for a decision on your application because you can totally work on your implied status and start a new job even after the expiry of TRV and SIN.
Congratulations and thanks for an inspiring post!

Jaspreet2196

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Applied: 19th Jan 2022
Eligibility review started: 20th June 2022
Applied online and in Canada.
Quick question, how does this eligibility started looks like:D
Mine says:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.