+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Has anyone recently applied for a TRV inside Canada in end of May or early June? How come the processing time suddenly jumped to 166 days? When I checked a few weeks ago it was only 30 days or so. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Could be a glitch as it still shows 29 days for a paper application.

Reactions: nickgrizzly

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
January 31st applicant here… the PGWP waiting game has been stressing me so much that it is affecting my day-to-day life. To make it worst, I received a one-in-a-lifetime work offer that I worked really hard on getting and it is conditional to having a 'valid work permit'. My fear now is somehow receiving a refusal and having the opportunity taken away from me.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Has anyone recently applied for a TRV inside Canada in end of May or early June? How come the processing time suddenly jumped to 166 days? When I checked a few weeks ago it was only 30 days or so. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I applied today via online. I noticed the jump too. It says wait time for paper based is 29 days. Hopefully we get our TRVs soon.

Reactions: adajeon

Tarun1402

May 9, 2022
January 31st applicant here… the PGWP waiting game has been stressing me so much that it is affecting my day-to-day life. To make it worst, I received a one-in-a-lifetime work offer that I worked really hard on getting and it is conditional to having a 'valid work permit'. My fear now is somehow receiving a refusal and having the opportunity taken away from me.
Can feel you

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Get a lawyer and flagpole.

Reactions: BA101

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi, I graduated in December and applied to my PGWP on January 15th, my family applied for a visitor visa on January after I applied to my PGWP. they attached my WP-Ext letter and my study permit to their application and it was approved, no issues at all.

Good luck
I applied for me and my family all at once. My spouse was the only one who received the WP-Ext letter, not me...