+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
Have anyone faced the situation where you sp expired before the completion date of ur study & now need to apply for pgwp? I have been waiting for my extension to apply for pgwp so that i can work right away but its seeming to take long time than expected
Hey,

I applied for PGWP when my study permit was expired. But I was on an implied status and hadnt received my study permit extension. So do apply for PGWP right away and do not wait for your extension to come through

RavSammeta

Mar 29, 2022
Have anyone faced the situation where you sp expired before the completion date of ur study & now need to apply for pgwp? I have been waiting for my extension to apply for pgwp so that i can work right away but its seeming to take long time than expected
As far as I know. You can only apply for a visa if your previous visa is within the expired date. So, I think it’s better to wait until you get a final decision on extension and apply. Till then you can only work part time.

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
As far as I know. You can only apply for a visa if your previous visa is within the expired date. So, I think it’s better to wait until you get a final decision on extension and apply. Till then you can only work part time.
Nope. If the person applies before for their extension I mean before the expiry date and they are on an implied status then they are good to apply for the PGWP. One can have more than one application submitted. My extension came after two weeks of applying for PGWP and my PGWP is still under process.

progga

May 11, 2022
Hey,

I applied for PGWP when my study permit was expired. But I was on an implied status and hadnt received my study permit extension. So do apply for PGWP right away and do not wait for your extension to come through
Could you work though??? Also did you received your pgwp by now??

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I need some information, so what end date did you put in the SOWP and what end date or expiry date was given on the SOWP. Hello s it same as your PGWP?

I am asking this because you applied for the SOWP when your PGWP was not issued so definitely you did not know the duration they would give you (exact date)
Why you put an end date for SOWP application? In the application, you only put your previous status' information (if any) and you should have the information in your previous permit.

The new SOWP expiry date matches with PGWP expiry date. It is usually the case unless your passport expires before that.

Reactions: Miracle2018

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
PGWP Inland application
Date: January 15

No update, no review of eligibility started yet.

Is anybody in the same boat? - it looks like this is taking forever.