+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vic_viv

Oct 8, 2018
Yes sir ! I got my approval today !! I applied on

My application date was 8th December 2021
I wish everyone speedy approvals , IRCC is processing the applications now within the specified timeline mentioned in the website , just keep patience and wait for the positive result

Reactions: Walecott

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Thank you and yes my extension and pgwp both approved same day
Patience is the key guys hang in there
Your turn would come soon cheers
Hey I have a similar case like you.. both my study permit extension and PGWP are now pending. So I had filed for my sp extension in January asking for extra 90 days on my study permit so that I can apply for PGWP with valid status but it hasn't been approved yet. Luckily I managed to apply for PGWP today just 2 days before my current sp expires. So can I expect something similar like you. When did you apply for PGWP? Were you in implied status?

Reactions: jjj123545

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Hey I have a similar case like you.. both my study permit extension and PGWP are now pending. So I had filed for my sp extension in January asking for extra 90 days on my study permit so that I can apply for PGWP with valid status but it hasn't been approved yet. Luckily I managed to apply for PGWP today just 2 days before my current sp expires. So can I expect something similar like you. When did you apply for PGWP? Were you in implied status?
i was exactly on the same boat and i was in implied status when i applied for pgwp
in your case they gonna approve both applications same day

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
i was exactly on the same boat and i was in implied status when i applied for pgwp
in your case they gonna approve both applications same day
So basically you are trying to say that you had applied for PGWP after your current study permit expired and you were waiting for a decision on your so extension file. So basically you could not have worked all this time until you got your PGWP approved as the rule mentions it..I was very lucky to apply for my PGWP with just a 1 day valid status remaining on my sp despite of applying for an extension of sp .

Reactions: jjj123545

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
So basically you are trying to say that you had applied for PGWP after your current study permit expired and you were waiting for a decision on your so extension file. So basically you could not have worked all this time until you got your PGWP approved as the rule mentions it..I was very lucky to apply for my PGWP with just a 1 day valid status remaining on my sp despite of applying for an extension of sp .
As long as you had a status( even implied status) you can work full time
I was working full time i double checked with ircc and both my permits got approved same day