+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pravin86

Jan 2, 2018
Got approved!
Submitted August 28, inland (BC), approved Nov 22.

No email, just checked this morning and the status of my application was " application/profile updated", then it went back to submitted. Checked again after a few hours and it changed to "approved". :)
Can you share last 5 digit of your pgwp application number?

ProspectiveCanadain

Nov 1, 2021
No offence but I dont understand the obsession with Application numbers here. This is primarily because of privacy and security reasons. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the applications are being processed in order. If you've found someone approved who definitely applied after you, its not like you can sue the CIC. There are still people from June/July whose applications havent been approved yet. Ofc, we all hope to not be that unlucky but there should be no need for application numbers.

ProspectiveCanadain

Nov 1, 2021
I don't understand what is your problem with people asking application numbers?
I clearly mentioned why.

Its true that these are all at the discretion of individuals. But I am happy to have typed what I did so that people who feel uncomfortable are reassured that they do not have to share what they don't want. If it keeps being demanded from everyone, then people will feel compelled to provided it even if they are not comfortable doing so. Humans generally want to follow the trend and keep perceived social order. I respect people's
"high energy and enthusiasm. All are different. All deal with thier eagerness in a unique way!

But I absolutely do not entertain
"Use other media platforms to express your privacy lessons"
Why can't I share what I think about demanding Application Numbers?
If anything, shooing me away just for stating my opinion on the topic like this is just distasteful. For people that claim that there is no pressure whatever involved, telling others on an immigration forum who speak out on problematic elements of such requests to go elsewhere for their "lessons" just shows that there is indeed some pressure.

Reactions: jlusi