+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Applied on July 14 2021, No update yet. Not even started eligibility.

Raised 3 webforms which got generic email response nothing specific to my query

Anyone in the same boat?
How many days is it today from the day you submitted your pgwp application?

manhas_amar

Nov 20, 2021
Category........
WP
Applied on 19 May 2021 outland (PGWP for myself, OPW for my wife, and visitor visa for my 4-yo daughter)
Status changed to reviewing eligibility on early September (for all 3 of us)
Received approval email today (22 October 2021)
Did you applied from India?
because I also applied around the same time. thank You

manhas_amar

Nov 20, 2021
Category........
WP
PGWP Outland (India)
Came back to India after my graduation in May 2021, then got stuck due to a flight ban and decided to apply PGWP from India on 1st June 2021, got my biometrics on 29th July 2021. Got no response from IRCC or their web forms, but recently on 4th Nov got an email stating "You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date. "
After this, I hoped it will come soon but no update yet not even they checking my eligibility or even reviewing m application just my biometrics are updated.

Also, I'm facing a new issue because my passport gonna expire on the 22nd Oct 2022, so I don't know should I get my passport renewed now or should I wait for PPR. This will also affect my PGWP duration because now I have 11 months left for the expire of my passport.

Any good suggestions are welcomed, please help!

NikitaLisbon

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
PGWP Outland (India)
Came back to India after my graduation in May 2021, then got stuck due to a flight ban and decided to apply PGWP from India on 1st June 2021, got my biometrics on 29th July 2021. Got no response from IRCC or their web forms, but recently on 4th Nov got an email stating "You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date. "
After this, I hoped it will come soon but no update yet not even they checking my eligibility or even reviewing m application just my biometrics are updated.

Also, I'm facing a new issue because my passport gonna expire on the 22nd Oct 2022, so I don't know should I get my passport renewed now or should I wait for PPR. This will also affect my PGWP duration because now I have 11 months left for the expire of my passport.

Any good suggestions are welcomed, please help!
Try renewing it, and if they havent answered you in between. sent a webfor about an important change to your info.
Because they'll only give you until your passport expires and its not worth it, because you almost cant have a PGWP twice, you would have to have applied for PR by then, wich is tough

manhas_amar

Nov 20, 2021
Category........
WP
Good morning guys;

I got my own PGWP approved after 3 months in October but just wanted to share my brothers timeline as I'm not sure who might be in the same situation as he was.

Applied: September 23, 2020
He got no updates for over a year even after sending multiple webforms and calling them
GCMS notes request: July 20th and got the GCMS notes August 2020

From the notes, we found out that his file was transferred to Edmonton in December 2020 due to workload redistribution and the current processing time there was 12 months but they hadn't worked on his file at all.

In September 2021, he got a call from IRCC, an agent was asking for more information regarding why he switched schools and wanted the transcript from his initial school sent via webform which he did and we didn't hear back from him again until last week Monday, November 8th, 2021 when the agent called again asking for clarification on two semesters where he didn't attend school and then asked him to send his bank statements during that period to confirm that he wasn't working while he wasn't in school which he did via webform again. The agent then called about an hour after asking for a copy of his degree parchment to prove that he graduated once again and he sent that via webform.

On Wednesday, November 10th, 2021, he got a response from IRCC in regards to his webform saying some of his information was missing and needed us to resend the webform with the documentation once again which he did immediately and then on Saturday, November 13th, 2021, he got approved for his PGWP.

I'm not sure if there's anyone in this same situation or not but just wanted to put this out there. Keep hoping and praying, it'll all work out in the end.
Did you apply inland or outland?

manhas_amar

Nov 20, 2021
Category........
WP
Try renewing it, and if they havent answered you in between. sent a webfor about an important change to your info.
Because they'll only give you until your passport expires and its not worth it, because you almost cant have a PGWP twice, you would have to have applied for PR by then, wich is tough
So Webform is the only way to update my passport information?

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
Did your eligibility start at least ? Did you receive notification about Biometrics or medical exam ?
My eleigibility started august 10. My medical also passed august 10. I received a ghost update a few weeks back thats when my background check started. I didn't need an interview or biometrics.

manhas_amar

Nov 20, 2021
Category........
WP
My eleigibility started august 10. My medical also passed august 10. I received a ghost update a few weeks back thats when my background check started. I didn't need an interview or biometrics.
Did they asked you get medical or you just got it yourself upfront?