+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
hey can someone give me a tip
can i start working( full time ) right after applying for PGWP? and if yes what document should i show my employer to prove that i am already eligible for full time work ?

Reactions: Miracle2018

KanikaJ

Aug 28, 2021
hey can someone give me a tip
can i start working( full time ) right after applying for PGWP? and if yes what document should i show my employer to prove that i am already eligible for full time work ?
Yes, You can attach the AOR with your study permit and provide the proof of receipt to your employer.

Reactions: Miracle2018

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I sent 3 webforms in total. The last one was sent in September. All webforms are questions related to my application and documents not required by officer. I never received any responds to my question but when I called help centre last Friday, they said they documents were attached to my application.
Will submitting multiple webforms deny application as I read one official message from IRCC on twitter that they will automatically refuse applications due to multiple sending of inquiries?

Reactions: jlusi

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Can I submit another webform if I can without annoying the immigration officer? I want to submit an additional letter?

sonitodarl

Oct 19, 2021
Good morning guys;

I got my own PGWP approved after 3 months in October but just wanted to share my brothers timeline as I'm not sure who might be in the same situation as he was.

Applied: September 23, 2020
He got no updates for over a year even after sending multiple webforms and calling them
GCMS notes request: July 20th and got the GCMS notes August 2020

From the notes, we found out that his file was transferred to Edmonton in December 2020 due to workload redistribution and the current processing time there was 12 months but they hadn't worked on his file at all.

In September 2021, he got a call from IRCC, an agent was asking for more information regarding why he switched schools and wanted the transcript from his initial school sent via webform which he did and we didn't hear back from him again until last week Monday, November 8th, 2021 when the agent called again asking for clarification on two semesters where he didn't attend school and then asked him to send his bank statements during that period to confirm that he wasn't working while he wasn't in school which he did via webform again. The agent then called about an hour after asking for a copy of his degree parchment to prove that he graduated once again and he sent that via webform.

On Wednesday, November 10th, 2021, he got a response from IRCC in regards to his webform saying some of his information was missing and needed us to resend the webform with the documentation once again which he did immediately and then on Saturday, November 13th, 2021, he got approved for his PGWP.

I'm not sure if there's anyone in this same situation or not but just wanted to put this out there. Keep hoping and praying, it'll all work out in the end.

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Good morning guys;

I got my own PGWP approved after 3 months in October but just wanted to share my brothers timeline as I'm not sure who might be in the same situation as he was.

Applied: September 23, 2020
He got no updates for over a year even after sending multiple webforms and calling them
GCMS notes request: July 20th and got the GCMS notes August 2020

From the notes, we found out that his file was transferred to Edmonton in December 2020 due to workload redistribution and the current processing time there was 12 months but they hadn't worked on his file at all.

In September 2021, he got a call from IRCC, an agent was asking for more information regarding why he switched schools and wanted the transcript from his initial school sent via webform which he did and we didn't hear back from him again until last week Monday, November 8th, 2021 when the agent called again asking for clarification on two semesters where he didn't attend school and then asked him to send his bank statements during that period to confirm that he wasn't working while he wasn't in school which he did via webform again. The agent then called about an hour after asking for a copy of his degree parchment to prove that he graduated once again and he sent that via webform.

On Wednesday, November 10th, 2021, he got a response from IRCC in regards to his webform saying some of his information was missing and needed us to resend the webform with the documentation once again which he did immediately and then on Saturday, November 13th, 2021, he got approved for his PGWP.

I'm not sure if there's anyone in this same situation or not but just wanted to put this out there. Keep hoping and praying, it'll all work out in the end.
Damn! That's a long long wait. Congratulations!!!!

What was the reason for the two semesters? If you don't mind me asking?

sonitodarl

Oct 19, 2021
Damn! That's a long long wait. Congratulations!!!!

What was the reason for the two semesters? If you don't mind me asking?
No worries. It was due to some money issues, that was why he eventually transferred to a one year college instead of staying in the university. The officer who called us seemed very nice and understanding so I guess that helped.

Reactions: piegoogle

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
No worries. It was due to some money issues, that was why he eventually transferred to a one year college instead of staying in the university. The officer who called us seemed very nice and understanding so I guess that helped.
Thank you for your response.

So was he on a break for those two semesters? No courses or part-time?