+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jaspreet77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
20-09-2019
After the approval did you get any form of proof that states that you got approved for PGWP?
What other proof would you like apart from the portal clearly stating the status?

Meanwhile they also share the permit validation dates (from - to) on the portal

osun0502

Aug 5, 2021
What other proof would you like apart from the portal clearly stating the status?

Meanwhile they also share the permit validation dates (from - to) on the portal
I am using it to apply for a car loan so the dealer might need somewhat of a document to say that I got approved

jaspreet77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
20-09-2019
Did you guys get an email when the eligibility review started?
I got no email for eligibility, no mail for approval. Thats also becuz I had already logged in to the portal to check again and again, So once you have seen the status change notification, it is marked as “read”, so they would probably not shoot a mail for a notification you have already seen. (At least in my case)

jaspreet77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
20-09-2019
I am using it to apply for a car loan so the dealer might need somewhat of a document to say that I got approved
I know for study permit we got a document of approval that helps us travel across border. Not sure if we will get one such for PGWP apart from the hard copy of the permit itself couriered.

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
I know for study permit we got a document of approval that helps us travel across border. Not sure if we will get one such for PGWP apart from the hard copy of the permit itself couriered.
Usually within the next 24-48 hours after status changed, you'll get an email and a portal message which include a pdf approval letter stating that your pgwp is approved and is being shipped to you.

jaspreet77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Mumbai
App. Filed.......
20-09-2019
Usually within the next 24-48 hours after status changed, you'll get an email and a portal message which include a pdf approval letter stating that your pgwp is approved and is being shipped to you.
Which is then exactly the same process they follow for study permit.

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Once Approved, what should be the strategy for TRV now. Would i be allowed to enter canada on student trv which is valid till NOV end or i have to get it updated?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
2 weeks to process 5 days of applications? Seems too slow to me.
Supply & Demand

Have you looked at TR2PR Permanent Residency?

People who applied on May 6th are stilll waiting. They just processed apps submitted in first 25 mins.

You can’t just count the days and estimate something.

Reactions: jarvisw