+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kamikaze_AB

Jun 12, 2021
Thanks
I know but I had one part-time study term with only one course (3 is considered full-time) so I'm super stressed.
The terms before and after that were both full-time. I've seen people rejected for only one part-time semester so I'm worried that I will get rejected (plus I have a job offer so don't wanna lose it)
Any idea how much chance mine got approved?
Right, your stress and frustration is understandable. Unfortunately, the fact is that you missed one of the requirements as per IRCC. It is likely that you would be determined ineligible for the post graduate work permit program, and your application may be refused on ground of ineligibility. I hope you provided a LOE explaining your situation. The circumstances for why you did not maintain full time student at that time may influence on the final decision of your application. What you can do is to prepare yourself for all scenarios, as you cannot change the course of the past. Comments on the forum are free comments and do not warrant its validity. I’d suggest you to consult with a licensed immigration lawyer to determine what is the best for you moving forward. Good luck!

Reactions: JessieJZ

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Right, your stress and frustration is understandable. Unfortunately, the fact is that you missed one of the requirements as per IRCC. It is likely that you would be determined ineligible for the post graduate work permit program, and your application may be refused on ground of ineligibility. I hope you provided a LOE explaining your situation. The circumstances for why you did not maintain full time student at that time may influence on the final decision of your application. What you can do is to prepare yourself for all scenarios, as you cannot change the course of the past. Comments on the forum are free comments and do not warrant its validity. I’d suggest you to consult with a licensed immigration lawyer to determine what is the best for you moving forward. Good luck!
When did you apply kamikaze?

Hashansingh

Feb 4, 2021
Hey guys, I applied on the 12th of May and today is the 41st processing day for me. Should I send in a web form or wait for a little longer?

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Hey guys, I applied on the 12th of May and today is the 41st processing day for me. Should I send in a web form or wait for a little longer?
I am on day 43 right now and I havent heard anything. I am going to wait for the processing times to update today and then I can go from there. Peope from May 6th were getting theirs yesterday. I called them yesterday and they said that the processing times aren't accurate on the website and they will take a little bit longer.

Last edited:

Hashansingh

Feb 4, 2021
I did talk to them yesterday and they said the processing times aren't accurate and they will take a little bit longer.
Darn! I am in a difficult situation atm, I got a job offer and they want me to start mid next month and for that I would have to move to a different city. But without the work permit, I would in a mess.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Darn! I am in a difficult situation atm, I got a job offer and they want me to start mid next month and for that I would have to move to a different city. But without the work permit, I would in a mess.
Yeah its a tough situation, we just have to be patient and wait, if we don't get it by Friday then it'll be next week, which will be inching into July.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Yeah thanks for the support everyone. It feels better when I know we all are in this together.
Okay 42 days now so I am on day 43 as I applied on May 11th. It shouldn't be too much longer.
With the updated processing time of 42 days I am also sceptical that we would hear anything this week and it is more likely to be next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hashansingh

Eva blake

Jun 22, 2021
Hi Guys,
My husband just received letter of completion,
He is going to apply PGWP and the same time, he wants to extend my work permit, Is this is legal or I need to switch to visitor visa?
Please note that we recently applied for new pathway for pr and I do not have a job yet.
Please advise