+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ehsanzare

Jun 13, 2021
Hey guys, I am in a terrible situation, I finished my master in Canada 2019 and started my phd right after, but my phd is not going well, I decide to quit and work for a company. I applied for PGWP although I know its past due date, what are the odds of getting the PGWP after deadline? anyone been or knows someone in similar situation?

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hey guys, I am in a terrible situation, I finished my master in Canada 2019 and started my phd right after, but my phd is not going well, I decide to quit and work for a company. I applied for PGWP although I know its past due date, what are the odds of getting the PGWP after deadline? anyone been or knows someone in similar situation?
Pretty sure it's zero since you already passed the deadline.
Wouldn't hurt asking a lawyer though and explaining your situation, see if there's anything you can do

kamikaze_AB

Jun 12, 2021
Calm down. It literally depends on the officer whom your case got assigned to. Your case is probably waiting in the queue to be processed. Some of them are working faster than the other. Lots of people graduated recently and they are experiencing high volume of applicants. The processing time may vary time to time, letting alone different cases have different variants. If your case did not get any update, simply it is just because they haven’t even got to it. IRCC literally said the processing time is based on the previous processed cases, and is in fact an averaged time that means some cases get processed quicker than the other. Also, the waiting time you are experiencing is not counted in there yet.
Rather than stressing out, I’d suggest you guys focus on the fact that you have followed all the rules and approval is just a matter of time. Stressing yourself out is not going to change the time that would take to process your case.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Calm down. It literally depends on the officer whom your case got assigned to. Your case is probably waiting in the queue to be processed. Some of them are working faster than the other. Lots of people graduated recently and they are experiencing high volume of applicants. The processing time may vary time to time, letting alone different cases have different variants. If your case did not get any update, simply it is just because they haven’t even got to it. IRCC literally said the processing time is based on the previous processed cases, the eating time you are experiencing is not counted in there yet.
Rather than stressing out, I’d suggest you guys focus on the fact that you have followed all the rules and approval is just a matter of time. Stressing yourself out is not going to change the time that would take to process your case.
I know how the immigration process works, thank you. It doesn't make it any less stressful. People handle stress in different ways.

Reactions: Leh98

JessieJZ

Jun 21, 2021
Calm down. It literally depends on the officer whom your case got assigned to. Your case is probably waiting in the queue to be processed. Some of them are working faster than the other. Lots of people graduated recently and they are experiencing high volume of applicants. The processing time may vary time to time, letting alone different cases have different variants. If your case did not get any update, simply it is just because they haven’t even got to it. IRCC literally said the processing time is based on the previous processed cases, and is in fact an averaged time that means some cases get processed quicker than the other. Also, the waiting time you are experiencing is not counted in there yet.
Thanks
I know but I had one part-time study term with only one course (3 is considered full-time) so I'm super stressed.
The terms before and after that were both full-time. I've seen people rejected for only one part-time semester so I'm worried that I will get rejected (plus I have a job offer so don't wanna lose it)
Any idea how much chance mine got approved?

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
Thanks
I know but I had one part-time study term with only one course (3 is considered full-time) so I'm super stressed.
The terms before and after that were both full-time. I've seen people rejected for only one part-time semester so I'm worried that I will get rejected (plus I have a job offer so don't wanna lose it)
Any idea how much chance mine got approved?
To be honest, it depends on whether it was a scheduled break for you or not. I have one part-time term in my undergrad career too. For me, Summer 2017 was a scheduled break and I took a part-time load. I am guessing you can take full/part/no load in your scheduled breaks. So, in this case, it should be okay. I still included a letter of explanation stating that Summer 2017 was a scheduled break.