+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vox720

Jun 14, 2021
Hello , for the people who got their approval , how long does it take after the approval before you receive the work permit by post ? Do you get an electronic version of the work permit right away as well after the approval ?

Klyne

Jun 14, 2021
Hello , for the people who got their approval , how long does it take after the approval before you receive the work permit by post ? Do you get an electronic version of the work permit right away as well after the approval ?
I also got approval today my account says that my application is approved but I didn’t received electronic version of the permit. Did you receive electronic copy of the permit?

vox720

Jun 14, 2021
I also got approval today my account says that my application is approved but I didn’t received electronic version of the permit. Did you receive electronic copy of the permit?

No I just applied in the begining of june , and I was asking if we normally get an electronic version of the work permit , and how long does it take to get the actual paper version of the work permit after the approval

Klyne

Jun 14, 2021
No I just applied in the begining of june , and I was asking if we normally get an electronic version of the work permit , and how long does it take to get the actual paper version of the work permit after the approval
Yes, we generally receive an electronic copy of the permit. There is no timeline as such how much it will take for the physical copy to arrive.

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
A slightly off topic qtn - Asking for a friend.
If u have completed a degree and applying for PGWP, have a job offer - can you create an express entry profile ? Would you be considered for like FSW without a 1 / 2 year work experience ? Also if u are hopeful of getting a Provincial nomination - can u create EE profile and wait for the extra 600 points after the provincial nomination is approved ? Any issues in creating an EE profile?

marcelod

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
My application change from submitted to Application/profile updated, what does mean?
Update: go back to submitted:mad:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
When did you apply ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yes, we generally receive an electronic copy of the permit. There is no timeline as such how much it will take for the physical copy to arrive.
No, there's no electronic copy, you just get a permit mailed to your address.

Jun 14, 2021
My application change from submitted to Application/profile updated, what does mean?
Update: go back to submitted:mad:
It means that they have officially started the process, so they are likely reviewing your eligibility, (check the steps) you are going to receive the final decision soon.

Klyne

Jun 14, 2021
No, there's no electronic copy, you just get a permit mailed to your address.
I applied on May 5th, some of my friends did receive electronic copy in their ircc account stating that their application is approved and they will soon be getting their permit in mail. Not sure why I didn’t received.