+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ShivamMhjn

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone applied for Restoration of Status plus PGWP and got any results. I applied on June 18.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Congrats! Are you closer to Ottawa or Toronto?
I'm trying to figure out which office is processing approvals, Toronto seems to be a bit behind.
CPC - Ottawa is mainly for TRV's
CPC - Edmonton is for Permits.
Detailed info below, not every city has it's own processing office.
Even if someone applied from Toronto or Vancouver, they get sent to the same office.

CPC in Ottawa
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
  • visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:
  • International Experience Canada work permits
  • In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
  • Verification of Status (VOS)
  • Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
  • Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents
CPC in Edmonton
The case processing centre in Edmonton processes:
  • extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
  • work and study permits
  • applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
  • applications for permanent residence under Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways
  • applications for permenent residence under the temporary resident permit holder class
  • loans for the right of permanent residence fee

Last edited:
Reactions: nahossai and iiifan

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
Applied june 3rd, inland no biometrics, eligibility review started thursday evening, biometric changed to not applicable. Still no update.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Applied june 3rd, inland no biometrics, eligibility review started thursday evening, biometric changed to not applicable. Still no update.
I guess wait till Monday, tried logging into account and see if any messages ?

Ankita Nanda

Oct 24, 2020
So after you receive the hardcopy of your work permit then you can apply for TRV (as you have to upload the scanned work permit).
You have to make the application just like you did for work permit on the CIC site.
Once you apply after uploading all the information and paying fee, they will send you an email for passport request.
Then you send your passport and get it stamped with multiple entry visa. This takes a few weeks(a friend of mine got it in 3).
Once you receive your passport you can fly ;):)
Hey Neeraj...thank you for your input...just needed few more info...how long did it take for your friend from the time he submitted his application to the time he got his passport stamped...and also could you let me know when did he apply for his TRV ? The reason I am asking is I wanted to book my tickets to go home and I applied to TRV today. So not sure how long does it take exactly.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
CPC - Ottawa is mainly for TRV's
CPC - Edmonton is for Permits.
Detailed info below, not every city has it's own processing office.
Even if someone applied from Toronto or Vancouver, they get sent to the same office.
I see, thanks for the info.
I really wish they would process everyone in the exact order we applied...