+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

sidhi

Jul 31, 2020
Are you sure you didn't receive the letter? It would be under "Messages about your application" at the bottom of the page when you click "Check full application status".
If you paid for it in February you should have gotten your biometrics done way back then.
Thanks for your response. I did not receive that under messages about your application. I confirmed this with IRCC and they said that they have not sent me the BIL.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Where does it say "in progress" for you?

I've had the same message as you under 'review of eligibility' since the day I applied ("Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. ")
When I check details of my application status, it states "Your application is in progress" under the following fields - Review of eligibility & Final decision.

At the top left hand corner of that page under Application Status it says, "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Sharing timeline for WP processing.
Cic agent mentioned that around first week of July, they started working on 9th Dec applications. As processing was stopped due to pandemic in March.Then you can approximate your processing time unless your application is prioritized due to essential services.As processing time is approximately 36 days.

Jan 17th: WP application online inside Canada(without biometrics)

Eligibility review started July 30th

I called Cic agent on 31st July. He mentioned that my WP application was approved on 30th July. But I don't see any update on my end.
Does it take time for them to process approval letter after approving an WP application.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
When I check details of my application status, it states "Your application is in progress" under the following fields - Review of eligibility & Final decision.

At the top left hand corner of that page under Application Status it says, "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "
Oh ok, that's just the default messages. I took a screenshot of my page the day I applied so I would know if anything changes, and that's what those fields have always said for me.
Only thing that has changed at all was biometrics.

Reactions: dillym

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Jan 14th PGWP application online inside Canada

Eligibility review July 29th

Approved July 31st.

Thanks for the updates guys! Good to know they've started on people with no biometrics, though I guess it will take a while to get to us June applicants.

Reactions: dillym and JALT

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
Sharing timeline for WP processing.
Cic agent mentioned that around first week of July, they started working on 9th Dec applications. As processing was stopped due to pandemic in March.Then you can approximate your processing time unless your application is prioritized due to essential services.As processing time is approximately 36 days.

I called Cic agent on 31st July. He mentioned that my WP application was approved on 30th July. But I don't see any update on my end.
Does it take time for them to process approval letter after approving an WP application.
I heard of people who's applications were sent in April/May getting approved. I don't think there's really a timeline at this point. I think they have a huge clutter and they're just processing however the backlog comes through in their system.

Reactions: thlzx

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I heard of people who's applications were sent in April/May getting approved. I don't think there's really a timeline at this point. I think they have a huge clutter and they're just processing however the backlog comes through in their system.
Were those April/May applicants without biometrics?
A lot of people who had already given biometrics got their approval quickly because everyone else was stuck at biometrics.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
A friends timeline.

Jan 14th PGWP application online inside Canada

Eligibility review July 29th

Approved July 31st.

Biometrics still says we need your biometrics
Holy cow! They're really behind.. Thanks for sharing this information.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Thanks for the updates guys! Good to know they've started on people with no biometrics, though I guess it will take a while to get to us June applicants.
Based on the following facts 1.) that they started processing December 9th applications (without biometrics) at the beginning of July 2.) and they made decisions on mid January applications at the end of July - it looks like May applicants are a bit over 2 months away from receiving a decision, and June applicants are closer to 3 months away from receiving a decision. Looks like we'll be in the waiting line for some time.

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
I'm not sure! For me, I have a Singapore passport. So, I don't require biometrics since my passport is a biometric passport. I submitted my study permit extension mid-Feb, permit expired end of March. I submitted by PGWP application in May and i'm still waiting for both my study permit extension and pgwp

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I'm not sure! For me, I have a Singapore passport. So, I don't require biometrics since my passport is a biometric passport. I submitted my study permit extension mid-Feb, permit expired end of March. I submitted by PGWP application in May and i'm still waiting for both my study permit extension and pgwp
Oh cool! I also submitted a study permit extension, but in mid March. Are you following another thread with study permit extension applications? If so, can you link me to it? Good luck with your two applications!

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
They have even processed application for June as well. But almost all of them have given biometrics earlier. My timeline is based on applications without biometrics.