+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everybody. I believe there are others among you guys who have the same issue as me. I applied for PGWP on June 7 and of course still waiting for a decision. During my application, I added my kids as my dependents but not my husband. My husband works with an OWP which he got because of my student permit. Now I have a NOC B job and I want to apply for the extension of his OWP. However, I don't know-how. Does he has to apply for the extension of his OWP by himself (with my payslips and my employment letter) or is there any way that I can add him as my dependent and apply to extend his OWP??? I feel stressed because his work permit will expire in 31 days. It seems like we need to apply for his extension at least 30 days before the expiry date. Moreover, I just have 1 payslip and planning to send the other 2 by webform. Please answer me if you know anything. Thank you so much :)

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Hello everybody. I believe there are others among you guys who have the same issue as me. I applied for PGWP on June 7 and of course still waiting for a decision. During my application, I added my kids as my dependents but not my husband. My husband works with an OWP which he got because of my student permit. Now I have a NOC B job and I want to apply for the extension of his OWP. However, I don't know-how. Does he has to apply for the extension of his OWP by himself (with my payslips and my employment letter) or is there any way that I can add him as my dependent and apply to extend his OWP??? I feel stressed because his work permit will expire in 31 days. It seems like we need to apply for his extension at least 30 days before the expiry date. Moreover, I just have 1 payslip and planning to send the other 2 by webform. Please answer me if you know anything. Thank you so much :)
We have the same issue. I didn't apply my wife and daughter same time as I applied my PGWP because both their passports are expiring soon (March 2020) and we just renewed their passports last week. So as soon as we get their new passports, I will apply for their respective permits. Their permits will expire on Nov 30 2019. So hopefully by that time I already got my PGWP which I applied last May 15th.

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
We have the same issue. I didn't apply my wife and daughter same time as I applied my PGWP because both their passports are expiring soon (March 2020) and we just renewed their passports last week. So as soon as we get their new passports, I will apply for their respective permits. Their permits will expire on Nov 30 2019. So hopefully by that time I already got my PGWP which I applied last May 15th.
Thank you for your reply. You are lucky because you still have plenty of time for their application. My husband's work permit will expire at the end of Agust, I still don't have my PGWP and I will get my 3rd payslip around Agust 15th. It also says in CIC website that we should apply for any permit at least 30 days before it's expire date. I don't have any idea what happens if I apply 15 days before my husband's work permit expire... I hope we won't get a refusal because of this. By the way, do you have any idea how we should add them to our application? Does our spouses need to open their own CIC account and apply for themselves by providing our information???

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Thank you for your reply. You are lucky because you still have plenty of time for their application. My husband's work permit will expire at the end of Agust, I still don't have my PGWP and I will get my 3rd payslip around Agust 15th. It also says in CIC website that we should apply for any permit at least 30 days before it's expire date. I don't have any idea what happens if I apply 15 days before my husband's work permit expire... I hope we won't get a refusal because of this. By the way, do you have any idea how we should add them to our application? Does our spouses need to open their own CIC account and apply for themselves by providing our information???
Since my wife's permit will depend on my permit, I only applied alone just to be safe and less money spent if denied. Thus it was only I who have a cic acct the first time. When I got the approval, I applied for my wife's TRV only using my wife's new cic acct. Before an acct is created, we will use the wizard right? This will show us the documents needed for our family's individual applications. CIC people would know that he is attached to you because there's a question in the wizard that if there is a family member or spouse who has a status in Canada. We only applied for my wife's OWP when we reached Vancouver Intl Airport (POE) because it will only take 30 mins there vs 10 weeks online processing time. So the best that you can do here is go to the border and flagpole as soon as you receive your PGWP. They will definitely allow you to apply for your husband's OWP there.

Last edited: