+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Mee too, but is it true that PGWP application gets processed in country of origin?
(I don't think so) What do you think?
Check the visa in your passport. It will show there where your papers are processed. If it shows your home country, your PGWP application will be processed there too

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
We all applied here in Canada, but the Canadian embassy in our home country will process it definitely.
Nope. If you apply in Canada, your case is processed in CPC in Edmonton.
Take a look here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
If you are still doubtful, I'm happy to continue this conversation and send you a bunch of more links.

When your work permit is approved, you will get a mail. Check the sender's address. Also when you renew your TRV, that will be processed in Ottawa, you can also check your new visa at that point.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Check the visa in your passport. It will show there where your papers are processed. If it shows your home country, your PGWP application will be processed there too
That only shows where your visa was processed and has nothing to do with an in Canada application. If you were working or studying at a third country at the time, you could have also got your visa from Canada's mission responsible for that country.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
I don’t know why it is taking this long now before everyone got there approved within 40 day and now may people we all at 40-45 days receive nothing. no updates

mcarbon

Feb 23, 2019
I'm going to guess because it is summer time now, IRCC agents are beginning to take their vacations to spend time with their kids. Applications are likely being processed slower as a result.

mcarbon

Feb 23, 2019
When you applied?
June 10. It'll be a while until I get a decision. I saw through your post history and I don't think you should be worried in your case. Coop semesters are considered full-time if they were part of your program; failed courses do not really affect eligibility for PGWP either. As long as you didn't omit or falsify any important information in your application, you should be fine.

Reactions: hkang12