+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Got my PGWP in the mail today, sadly it doesn't mention that I can extend it. It states R183(6) - Due to PPT validity
Wow what does this mean? How long was your studies and how long you have been approved?

This is what R183(6) says:
Continuation of status and conditions

(6) If the period authorized for the stay of a temporary resident is extended by operation of paragraph

Rockytheten

Jun 13, 2017
Wow what does this mean? How long was your studies and how long you have been approved?

This is what R183(6) says:
Continuation of status and conditions

(6) If the period authorized for the stay of a temporary resident is extended by operation of paragraph

I really didn't understand what that means either.

Hopefully someone here can clarify if I can extend it or not.

Anyway, I'll call up CIC on Monday and confirm.

Rockytheten

Jun 13, 2017
Could you please confirm here as well when you have the answer from CIC regarding that?
Sure.

I should state here that I am eligible for a 3 yes permit, since my passport expires before that ,I only got a shorter permit.

Various posts in this forum say that my document has to mention something in the lines of - extension possible, after passport renewal.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Sure.

I should state here that I am eligible for a 3 yes permit, since my passport expires before that ,I only got a shorter permit.

Various posts in this forum say that my document has to mention something in the lines of - extension possible, after passport renewal.
Call them but I wouldn't worry. They know what they write means, you won't have any problems.