+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MissFangy

Jun 11, 2019
What do you mean by when status has changed?
I believe as long as your visa is valid, you can enter Canada.

I went to India in my winter break for 3 weeks last December. I think it should be fine.
I'm just confused about this. Like since I now have a work permit, my status in Canada is worker now? but my visa is still a student visa. I heard that study permit and student visa are expired after 3 months after graduation.
Anyways I'm just confused...

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
I'm just confused about this. Like since I now have a work permit, my status in Canada is worker now? but my visa is still a student visa. I heard that study permit and student visa are expired after 3 months after graduation.
Anyways I'm just confused...
A Visa is a ViSa!! Don’t let no one fool you!! Once you have a valid visa you can travel and return to Canada!! Your work permit would be the one to make u have status in Canada!!

Your study visa is valid until 2020 u can travel, after 2020 you can renew your visa or extend it!!

Call CIC and verify if you want to know more about visa. Study work and visitor Visa are all the same it’s whether u have multiple or single entry to re-enter Canada!!

Reactions: MissFangy

MissFangy

Jun 11, 2019
A Visa is a ViSa!! Don’t let no one fool you!! Once you have a valid visa you can travel and return to Canada!! Your work permit would be the one to make u have status in Canada!!

Your study visa is valid until 2020 u can travel, after 2020 you can renew your visa or extend it!!

Call CIC and verify if you want to know more about visa. Study work and visitor Visa are all the same it’s whether u have multiple or single entry to re-enter Canada!!
Omg the CIC agent said the exactly same thing! thank you!!

Reactions: lovepreq

MapleLeafsFan

May 27, 2019
Does anyone else have this?

Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Is this normal?

MapleLeafsFan

May 27, 2019
when did this change for you? or was it always like this?
Not really sure. I submitted 2 applications as my first one only had the completion of studies letter and the IRCC agent told me it wasn't a good idea to upload the transcript via a webform, and that I needed to submit a new application along with my transcript. My initial application had it as "Not Applicable" but I just noticed that my most recent one has it as mentioned above.