+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Dear experts!

I have a question. I applied for my PGWP on April 26th and I was just randomly checking my online account. What I remember from my login was, the Background was NA. But when I logged in today, I saw "Application/Profile Update" instead of "Submitted". I clicked "Check full application" and I saw the Background was updated to say "We are processing your application. We will let you know when we start your background".

What does this mean? Any suggestions? Should I be worried?

Thanks

MapleLeafsFan

May 27, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied on May 8th and had to submit three web forms to add supporting documents and correct a typo in my application. Do you think that will make the process take longer / did I submit way too many web forms?

Cheers

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hey mapleleafsfan I also applied for pgwp on march 8. And one of my fried who applied on march 20 have already got it .I dont know they are processing files
My guess is that they added new officers to speed things up. Your file was already assigned to an officer. So that's probably why there's a jump forward in applications.

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Dear experts!

I have a question. I applied for my PGWP on April 26th and I was just randomly checking my online account. What I remember from my login was, the Background was NA. But when I logged in today, I saw "Application/Profile Update" instead of "Submitted". I clicked "Check full application" and I saw the Background was updated to say "We are processing your application. We will let you know when we start your background".

What does this mean? Any suggestions? Should I be worried?

Thanks
Can anyone please provide their inputs? :)
Thanks in advance....