+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kritik

Apr 29, 2018
I applied for my pgwp on 11 October, seriously wondering if to leave the country for a vacation while I wait, still have a valid study permit...thoughts?
I traveled to the US and back multiple times for work while I was waiting for my PGWP; never had a problem at the border (and unlike you, I didn't even have a valid study permit any more).

CIC's guidance on this is pretty clear. Just make sure that you have a valid eTA/TRV (as applicable) when you return, and proof that you have applied for the PGWP.

Anna2016

Oct 17, 2018
In a case of a three year program, I did not work and did full times studies except ....on 1 scheduled summer break I did full time work and 1 course.....would that be a problem for my pgwp?

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Finally!! :) Thank you for existing this group that help me a lot!!!
Applied online on June 27 (Principal applicant PGWP and OWP for the spouse. Principal applicant and spouse had a job offer and all the supporting documents)
Review and approval on October 9 (there wasn't any email about it)
Total of 104 days
Received email with the message about the confirmation letter on October 10
Work Permits arrived after 4 business days from Edmont (Alberta) to Montreal (Quebec) on October 16.

Good luck to everyone!

paulagillb

Apr 3, 2018
Finally!! :) Thank you for existing this group that help me a lot!!!
Applied online on June 27 (Principal applicant PGWP and OWP for the spouse. Principal applicant and spouse had a job offer and all the supporting documents)
Review and approval on October 9 (there wasn't any email about it)
Total of 104 days
Received email with the message about the confirmation letter on October 10
Work Permits arrived after 4 business days from Edmont (Alberta) to Montreal (Quebec) on October 16.

Good luck to everyone!

Awesome! Congrats!

paulagillb

Apr 3, 2018
Applied online on July 18th, 3 applicants, one PGWP, one SOWP, one SP for my son.
Nothing yet but it looks like it is taken 100 days!

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
I applied on August 10th, for PGWP online, Still waiting.
The processing times have been gradually increasing ever since I applied, Starting with 52 days processing time period, which increased to 56 days, 58 days and now its 66 days. Just gotta wait and hope for the best.
Hi, any update in your account?
Did applied with spouse or single?

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I applied my spouse's WP with my job offer letter. I also uploaded three pay slips later via web form.
I didn't upload transcript. Just the completion letter.
Hi,
Need your help. How to upload any additional document via web form if cic didn't ask to add? I want to upload a file via web form.
Thanks

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Single applicant.

My husband was also eligible for a PGWP, so we decided to both apply individually for our permits.
Did you upload both degree completion letter and transcript while applying? I didn't upload transcript that's why worried if they reject my application!
Thanks for sharing.