+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

lillianw

Jul 17, 2018
I have a question regarding my PGWP. My situation is that I applied for it on the 12th of May, I attached my official transcript, then I got a request letter in the night of 26th of June asking for an official confirmation letter that confirms I have received the degree. They gave me exactly one week to prepare the letter, I went to university the next morning but then they told me they needed 5 days to prepare the letter. The problem was that it was Canada day holiday on the 2nd of July, and Sunday was not a business day, so I wasn't able to get my letter before the deadline. However, I have already received my official degree which I then uploaded to the slot they provided me to upload the letter of confirmation (it says in the slot Education/Diploma though). My question now is that will I get rejected because of this? I keep convincing myself that it doesn't matter, but I saw many of you guys who applied after me have already gotten your PGWP. Just want to know if this ever happens to any of you. My study permit is expiring on the 31th of July and I'm starting to get nervous.

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I have a question regarding my PGWP. My situation is that I applied for it on the 12th of May, I attached my official transcript, then I got a request letter in the night of 26th of June asking for an official confirmation letter that confirms I have received the degree. They gave me exactly one week to prepare the letter, I went to university the next morning but then they told me they needed 5 days to prepare the letter. The problem was that it was Canada day holiday on the 2nd of July, and Sunday was not a business day, so I wasn't able to get my letter before the deadline. However, I have already received my official degree which I then uploaded to the slot they provided me to upload the letter of confirmation (it says in the slot Education/Diploma though). My question now is that will I get rejected because of this? I keep convincing myself that it doesn't matter, but I saw many of you guys who applied after me have already gotten your PGWP. Just want to know if this ever happens to any of you. My study permit is expiring on the 31th of July and I'm starting to get nervous.
I can understand why you're nervous because of the tight deadline to your study permit expiring. You shouldn't be as your study permit will be approved in time. Attaching your actual degree in place of the letter doesn't matter, provided it shows the date your degree was awarded. Keep us updated once you receive your approval letter. Best of luck!

lillianw

Jul 17, 2018
I can understand why you're nervous because of the tight deadline to your study permit expiring. You shouldn't be as your study permit will be approved in time. Attaching your actual degree in place of the letter doesn't matter, provided it shows the date your degree was awarded. Keep us updated once you receive your approval letter. Best of luck!
Good news, I just got approved for three years. They just updated their website saying that they are currently processing applications received on the 17th of May. Mine was on the 12th, so I contacted them through the web form and I got approved right away. I guess they forgot my application?! Anyway, thank you so much for your reply. One last thing, do I get a paper from the mail or is there something I have to do? I have to update my driver license and SIN.

Applied: 12 May
Approved: 18 July

Last edited:

loo1201

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-05-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2021
Applied June 1st.
Still havent received anything. It said 46 days on cic...getting a bit worried.

dsalvatore

Jul 19, 2018
May 12 and still waiting
Raised a CSE, No response so far.
Called them and they sent a reminder to VO. Thats all they can do is what they said on the phone.

IS there anything that can be done about it?
Any other options?

sirjoe

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Good news, I just got approved for three years. They just updated their website saying that they are currently processing applications received on the 17th of May. Mine was on the 12th, so I contacted them through the web form and I got approved right away. I guess they forgot my application?! Anyway, thank you so much for your reply. One last thing, do I get a paper from the mail or is there something I have to do? I have to update my driver license and SIN.

Applied: 12 May
Approved: 18 July
Congrats! Yes you will get the hard copy at the address you have provided usually within 7days. Once you receive it, you can apply for your TRV if you need one. You will also have to update only your SIN but not your drivers license. If you are already working, you can apply for OHIP (health card) after 6 months if you reside in Ontario. I'm not familiar with the process in other provinces. Good luck.

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
Applied date: 31st May
Submission received: 1st June
Application reviewed: 19th July
Application approved: 19th July
Approved for 3 years

Thank you for all your inputs and Good luck to everyone!