+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
hey, I applied on May 24th, and today Aug 3rd I received my biometrics correspondence letter.. IM DYING FROM NERVOUSNESS!!
I hear you, I applied on the same date and I still have not received any updates. Do you know what is next after the correspondence letter? also, has your eligibility review started?

May 30, 2023
Update!!

i just randomly checked my IRCC account right now, because I got the correspondence letter yesterday.

It said “Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.”

And after I scrolled down, it said: “August 2, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.”!!!

Thank you guys so so much for all your help and support over the last 70 days!

Such a relief without the WP-EXT and everything. It says the date of expiry, and the document number as well, so I think thats proof that its been approved!
Date of expiry: August 2, 2026.

Super happy :D

Deeja

Jul 13, 2023
Update!!

i just randomly checked my IRCC account right now, because I got the correspondence letter yesterday.

It said “Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.”

And after I scrolled down, it said: “August 2, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.”!!!

Such a relief without the WP-EXT and everything. It says the date of expiry, and the document number as well, so I think thats proof that its been approved!

Congratulations Buddy

Reactions: siddharth-nair
Aug 3, 2023
I got my PGWP. I applied on May 9th. I entered my gender wrong and the system change my UCI number so I called them multiple times, they ask for make my biometrics again and on August 2nd I received a correspondence letter and yesterday August 3rd I entered my account and saw that my work permit was approved. I was so nervous but well because I did not get WP-EXT and my study permit expired on July 31st.

Bluebox31

May 18, 2023
I hear you, I applied on the same date and I still have not received any updates. Do you know what is next after the correspondence letter? also, has your eligibility review started?
It says this “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” I don’t know what that means

Bluebox31

May 18, 2023
It says this “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” I don’t know what that means
UPDATE!!!
I got my PGWP approved!! I'm so glad and relieved..the wait is finally over!! Applied on May 24th!! It took me exactly 72 days to get it approved. There was so many complications for me in terms of eligibility such as I took a semester off on winter instead of official leave on summer.. which had me concerned. Gave all official letters and hoped for the best. Date of expiry: Aug 4th, 2026!

Thank you for all the help throughout the wait.

Good Luck everyone!!

ABC2023

Aug 6, 2023
Applied: May 24th
WP-EXT: May 25th
Correspondence letter for Biometrics: July 21st

The status is still under progress.
How long does it take to get a final decision, usually after the biometric letter? Thank you!

Shaikha3

Jun 15, 2021
UPDATE!!!
I got my PGWP approved!! I'm so glad and relieved..the wait is finally over!! Applied on May 24th!! It took me exactly 72 days to get it approved. There was so many complications for me in terms of eligibility such as I took a semester off on winter instead of official leave on summer.. which had me concerned. Gave all official letters and hoped for the best. Date of expiry: Aug 4th, 2026!

Good Luck everyone!!
congratulations can you elaborate on your situation, cause i am nervous as i took a semester of due to my medical reasons

Bluebox31

May 18, 2023
congratulations can you elaborate on your situation, cause i am nervous as i took a semester of due to my medical reasons
well at the time I already completed three semesters and I was scheduled to complete my 4th on winter, I was already very stressed due to over load of studies and personal issues. initially, I wanted to reduce study load but my college didn't authorize the course reduction on time before classes started, so I reached out to my international advisor, she told me its too late to register for classes since registration is closed(although it was the schools fault) and told me to register for summer and advised me about possible consequences of unofficial gap for PGWP. She had noted in my file about what happened. After break I completed my studies as scheduled, and when it was time for applying for PGWP, I reached out to her to get official leave letter highlighting issue. I also added a detailed letter with my side of story and attached both letters to my application. I prayed to god and waited hoping for the best.

Reactions: Shaikha3

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
Application series - W3073*****
Applied: May 24, 2023
WP-EXT: May 31, 2023
Correspondence letter for Biometrics: August 4, 2023
Approved: August 8, 2023

Thank you, everyone, for all your support throughout this process, praying for everyone to get approved.

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
UPDATE!!!

Good Luck everyone!!
Congratulations Man! Glad it all worked out in the end.

rishimxre

Jun 12, 2023
Update!!

Congratulations Siddharth!

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
And here I was, thinking that the PGWP process waiting period would be less stressful than the one for the study permit. Heh.

I applied on May 12th.
WP-EXT on May 13th. (Until Sept)
Study permit expired on July 30
Passport valid until Q1 2025
No irregularities when it comes to my studies. Maintained full-time status. Graduated top of my class. Heck, I even only worked part-time the whole time even when I could've worked full-time. Just wanted to play it safe.
Eligibility status: We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

I know that my application has as good a chance of being approved as any other that has been approved before....and yet. So nervous.

I'll keep you updated!

Best regards.