+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Nope. Applied on May 19 so I believe IRCC will take at least a week to start review.
I applied on the same date as you. I hope we get some news soon.

I've seen in this thread that a lot of people from May are getting their approvals. But yet, the Canadian website says processing times are 166 days (updated on May 20) and it's been the same for the past three weeks.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I applied on the same date as you. I hope we get some news soon.

I've seen in this thread that a lot of people from May are getting their approvals. But yet, the Canadian website says processing times are 166 days (updated on May 20) and it's been the same for the past three weeks.
I hope so. 166 days is in general. They're processing pgwp applications faster, and taking upto 175 days for SOWP. Can't predict IRCC. This long timeframe is creating anxiety in many applicants. I wish they could do something for it.

Reactions: Sissyyy

LeonTi

Sep 13, 2022
I submitted my BOWP application on March 8th and there is no update yet. The status is still waiting for being reviewed for eligibility.
I submitted a webform to change my residential and mailing address in July. Just wondering if this super slow process issue is caused by any changes that are made during the application... like.. they move my file to the end of the queue when they applied the changes I submitted..?