+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Guys, I have applied for PGWP as well and it has been 2 months now without any answer. In my GCKey account it says that I have to stop working if I do not get my work permit by the end of September. So what should I do? does this mean I have to leave my job? because I have a full-time job now and that date is due in 45 days or so.
applied on June 1.
Nothing so far, review not started.
Due date to leave work if have not got any response from IRCC: September 29

Last edited:

ElianeB

Feb 9, 2022
Guys, I have applied for PGWP as well and it has been 2 months now without any answer. I my GCKey account it says that I have to stop working if I do not get my work permit by the end of September. So what should I do? does it mean I have to leave my job because I have a full-time job now and that date is due in 45 days.
applied on June 15.
Nothing so far, review not started.
Due date to leave work if have not got any response from IRCC: September 29
So IRCC told you to stop working if there is no response? Or your employer?

Reactions: sbenyamin

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
so does this mean that if I don't receive a response by September 29 then I have to leave work? because it says whichever comes first.

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
so does this mean that if I don't receive a response by September 29 then I have to leave work? because it says whichever comes first.
No, it does not mean that. Past the 29th of September if you don't receive a decision of your application, you can continue to keep working beyond that date. You'll be on implied/maintained status past that date if no decision comes.

Please refer to the link below for more clarification. Good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

levinugurlu

Jun 1, 2022
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter ( means extention letter )
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

STEPBRIDGE

Aug 16, 2022
Do anyone know anywhere closer to New Brunswick where I can go for Flagpole? Besides, the visa in my old passport is valid but I have a new passport that will enable me get all the 3 years of pgwp. My old passport is canceled because I have a new passport. Can I use my old passport to cross the border for flagpole?