+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ivan123

Feb 16, 2018
Regarding my flagpole listing out the steps below:

I hired a consultant as my SP was expired so was not sure if they reject my application I will be deported or what so hired a consultant he went with me and represented me at the border.. the process was simple you have to walk to USA border and tell them you are here for flagpole, they will take your fingerprints and picture and will give u a paper and tell you to go back, after that you walk back to Canada border and tell them you are here for flagpole they will give you a yellow paper and tell you to get in the line.. you have to wait for your turn and then border officer will take your documents will ask you why you are here tell him for flagpole and get the work permit..

In my case system was not working so they told us to wait and after an hour they called us again took the documents and told me to wait again, after 30 mints he called me and told me to pay the fees $255 once I did that he handed over me all the documents and work permit with that told me the last day as per work permit and I should leave Canada after that I can work anywhere full time no restrictions..

They never asked anything, my consultant on his own told the officer that my first semester was part-time because at that time I was in my home country and was waiting for my study visa decision.. he told that due to covid I was not able to take another course and as per IRCC regulation is such case your PGWP will not be affected.. However the officer was not interested to listen anything and told that I will look in to the documents and will ask if I have any questions.. I think because of the system delay there was a long queue about 10-12 students and only 2 officers to process so they just looked at the documents and gave the permit without any question..
MY RECOMMENDATION IS TO HIRE A CONSULTANT FOR FLAGPOLE AS IT WILL BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE AND IN ANY UNFORTUNATE SITUATION HE WILL BE THERE TO REPRESENT YOU AND SAVE YOU

Documents I gave are:
1- Completion Letter
2- Transcript (In sealed envelope by university)
3- Study Permit
4- Passport
5- Online application submission confirmation

You took a risk, and it paid off. My study permit is also on implied status when I applied (Jan 20),but I am too scared to flagpole and not be allowed to re-enter.

Swaff

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hi - Can you share your study details - how many years course was it ? Wondering as you mentioned you were not able to take another course due to COVID - If you dont mind, can you elaborate this part ?
My course was 2 years but I completed in 1 year and 3 months, I took only 2 courses because at that time my study permit was in process and I started online from home country also my university dropped the third course as due to covid that course was not happening at that time.. I this is the case you can tell them that due to covid you were not able to take another course in due time.. It will then not affect your pgwp as you were part time just because of covid thing !!

Reactions: AnkithaP

Swaff

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Omg so this person helped you out? How much did they charge you?
Yes, he charged me alot but he was with me all the time so gave me an extra confidence and he told me that I won't let them deport you in case of rejection that is why I paid him otherwise the process is very easy you don't need anyone.. He charged me $1,000

Swaff

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
You took a risk, and it paid off. My study permit is also on implied status when I applied (Jan 20),but I am too scared to flagpole and not be allowed to re-enter.
Yes I know it was a risk, but sometime you have to take such risks.. I consulted with a lawyer and then took a consultant with me in case anything worse happen but luckily it was smooth

Swaff

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I am in the same situation. I am too scared to go and ruin everything for myself.
Depend on situation, if you are alone and just waiting I will recommend wait..
My case was different my spouse application was stuck due to my work permit they asked for the permit within 30 days so I have to arrange it before the deadline so took the risk and paid a big amount just because of that !!

Reactions: Miracle2018