+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Hi All,
How is the processing time coming along with PGWP. I applied on 29th i.e Yestarday. I know I have a long way to go for waiting for the application.
But how is it progressing for others in the group . On the CIC website it says 45 days currently , so all us are getting in 45 day or with. is it ?

Keep posting guys once you get the Work permit. It really helps people who are waiting.
Yeah I second that, keep updating, I submitted mine yesterday, April 30th, want to know anyone who has recently received their PGWP, how many days in total?

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Guys any update on PGWP processing .. any one got PGWP in last one week.. CIC website is not showing exact timelines of processing.. seems like its not been updated after April 22nd.

adeelcis

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi, I am new on this forum... i want to apply for student visa for Sep intake. Can anyone guide me and answers the following questions:
1- How to apply (is it through CIC online)
2- Medical upfront or after getting request?
3- Bio metric upfront or after getting request? Is it for main applicant or spouse open work permit too?
3- How much amount we need to show (1st Year Tuition Fee + CAD 10,000)?
4- What documents need to submit online at the time of submission i.e. Passport, photos, Bank statements etc
5- Is it good to apply for Spouse open Work permit at the same time)?
6- What documents needed for Spouse work permit?
7- .share with me any document which shows purpose of study and shows strong ties with Pakistan
8- Interview is compulsory or it depends on case to case basis?

kindly reply me.

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
PGWP online application (extension after passport renewal)
Applied April 6th
May 3rd no update..

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
1- How to apply (is it through CIC online)
Form the country of your residency
2- Medical upfront or after getting request?
After approval and interview
3- Bio metric upfront or after getting request? Is it for main applicant or spouse open work permit too?
Upfront during application submission, to all applicants
3- How much amount we need to show (1st Year Tuition Fee + CAD 10,000)?
Not sure.
4- What documents need to submit online at the time of submission i.e. Passport, photos, Bank statements etc
Download the application package from CIC website
5- Is it good to apply for Spouse open Work permit at the same time)?
6- What documents needed for Spouse work permit?
7- .share with me any document which shows purpose of study and shows strong ties with Pakistan
8- Interview is compulsory or it depends on case to case basis?
I believe interviews are for all study/ work permit applicants
kindly reply me.

Luckyhari

May 1, 2018
I Have already a positive lmia from a Canadian employers. I applied a work permit application to cic .my work permit application applied a Canadian agent. My applications passed 102 days .till no response
Application submitted. 20jan 2018
Anyone Please tell me how much time they will take to final decision??
I am from India

TIRATH67

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hate the damn wait! :mad:
Mee too.
Hope fully we get it soon.
Did you apply your workpermit online or paper based and what document did you attached with the application, saying that you have finished your study. I have attached the complition letter that I got from college.

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Mee too.
Hope fully we get it soon.
Did you apply your workpermit online or paper based and what document did you attached with the application, saying that you have finished your study. I have attached the complition letter that I got from college.
Yeah I applied for it online on 30th April. I was gonna attach just the completion certificate but thought over it and attached my official transcripts too. But I think it's fine even if you attach 1 of these as they themselves list out the options. Yeah I did attach a letter of explanation citing the link to the University's website stating my program was a traditional 2 year program, I stated that my official transcripts show that I was a FT student throughout so I am eligible for 3 years of PGWP. Also cited my start and completion date in the letter of explanation.

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
PGWP Application
Submitted: March 19, 2018
Still waiting... 48 days

Has anyone who applied after March 19 already got the permit?

Last edited: