+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

AliMay

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Does anyone know if I can apply for an extension of the WP-EXT that we get when we apply for PGWP?

Mine clearly states that it's only valid until 14th March or until a decision is made whichever is first!
I got a job offer, but they arent accepting this letter as it's not valid anymore.
Letter validity

Officers should understand that the validity date of the letter in no way overrides the authority of paragraph R186(w), which allows foreign nationals who meet the requirements to continue working until a final decision is made on their work permit application.

The letter has a 120-day validity from the date of receipt, which corresponds with IRCC’s service standard for in-Canada applications. Historically, IRCC meets its service standard more than 90% of the time; therefore, only a few applicants will require a new letter. Most should receive a decision before the 120 days have expired.

If the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered

In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form.

Client Support Centre (CSC) agents can follow their standard procedures to respond.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Reactions: pilotakram

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Anybody applied for PGWP in October and still waiting..? I can see November applications are getting approved but not October. It is very strange and I don't understand how IRCC is looking into the files.

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
Keep us posted. It shouldn't take more than 48h based on the trend we have seen. Good Luck! It seems to be on track. I applied dec 3 and my expected date of decision is april 15, exactly a month from now. So it seems processing times have peaked and they are moving consistently
Please keep update if you receive your approval letter. I applied one month later than you.