+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. Fortunately, I have submitted all documents, and yes the processing time is 11 weeks on the official site, but due to the Afghanistan crisis and the pandemic, the processing time is doubled even if it's not stated on the site. The delay justification is that PGWP applications are not considered as a priority as other applications.
Ah yes,,,that office and office of Dubai process Afghanistan related applications...that is true ...this takes time of course... Was there no option to go back and apply from Canada? or you didnt havethe relevant permits to enter?

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Ah yes,,,that office and office of Dubai process Afghanistan related applications...that is true ...this takes time of course... Was there no option to go back and apply from Canada? or you didnt havethe relevant permits to enter?
I had no choice due to the travel measures

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Can I apply for TRV with in-canada approval letter (still waiting for hard copy) ?

I can't seem to see any sources about this .

Last edited:

Troponin

Nov 15, 2019
Ircc really giving us a hard time , can’t concentrate on anything else huh
Mine got just approved
Applied on September 28, 2021
Review eligibility started January 30, 2022 (Sunday)
No update on Monday
Approved on February 1, 2022 (Tuesday)

I pray for yours one too my friend. Hope it get approved today. I can tell how stressful this waiting is.