+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) application October 2022.

tanaybandekar

Jan 18, 2023
Hello everyone,

This is in reference to my PGWP application. I have completed my Masters with a DLI in BC, Canada and i am eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit. I had a valid student visa until 31st October 2022. I had initially applied for my PGWP from my home country as i underwent a knee surgery and was not allowed to travel. This first application was made on 18th August 2022, i received an email on 14th October 2022 saying my PGWP has been declined.

I then decided to fly down to Canada since i had a valid student visa and applied for my PGWP again from inside Canada on 28th October 2022. Its now been well over 2 months but there is no update on the status of my application.

I tried calling the helpline number but they said my application review has not started yet even though they have received my application.

Is there anyway I can find out the status of my PGWP or get any timelines of sort?

Also, can i leave Canada until i get a response from CIC and then later come back once it has been approved? I dont have a valid visa, so whats the best alternative to enter back into Canada?

I am not sure how many people are in the same boat as mine, but Any help here would be highly appreciated.