+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Medical Exam

johnberry

Jun 29, 2020
Hi all!
I recently applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) from within Canada and on the questionnaire prior to the application I selected that I was going to work in Childcare and, therefore, I knew that I needed the medical exam. I took the medical upfront and submitted the eMedical form that the physician gave me along with all my other paperwork.
Today, a week and half after I submitted online, I received the Work Permit with the Conditions that I was not allowed to work in Childcare and other related activities (elementary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations).
I am awfully upset with this condition because I submitted upfront my medical exams and I thought that the officers handling the case would've been careful enough to wait for the medical results to be uploaded. Should I have waited the two-to-three weeks time that it takes for the medicals to be uploaded or did they actually screw it up?
I would hate to pay an extra 255 dollars to change the conditions of the permit but it seems as the only way to solve the issue. Does anybody have any idea if there is other way to solve this issue?
Thanks for the help!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You can ask for reconsideration via the webform, explaining that you had done the medical, but you may have applied before the medical results could be entered into the system. That would be bad timing, but I don't think you'd have a recourse under those circumstances.

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi all!
I recently applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) from within Canada and on the questionnaire prior to the application I selected that I was going to work in Childcare and, therefore, I knew that I needed the medical exam. I took the medical upfront and submitted the eMedical form that the physician gave me along with all my other paperwork.
Today, a week and half after I submitted online, I received the Work Permit with the Conditions that I was not allowed to work in Childcare and other related activities (elementary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations).
I am awfully upset with this condition because I submitted upfront my medical exams and I thought that the officers handling the case would've been careful enough to wait for the medical results to be uploaded. Should I have waited the two-to-three weeks time that it takes for the medicals to be uploaded or did they actually screw it up?
I would hate to pay an extra 255 dollars to change the conditions of the permit but it seems as the only way to solve the issue. Does anybody have any idea if there is other way to solve this issue?
Thanks for the help!
Hi I know this is a very old post but I am in the same situation. I have raised webforms and called but no response yet. Can you please tell me how you resolved this? cz I am currently working in healthcare and worried I would have to quit my job. Thank you.