+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST-GRADUATE WORK PERMIT HOLDRES PLEASE READ THIS

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
if you r on open work permit and left behind in the express entry system please sign the petition
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permit-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please share this petition with your friends and family as they can sign it in your support.

r1987

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/15
Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
I think you should add one point to the petition.

Why there's no points for Canadian education/qualification as they used to have in old system. As well as Australia/ New Zealand has!!!

Regards,

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Increase the number of people who can sign to atleast a 1000 for now, if the response is massive, then keep increasing it. keep the petiotion going for atleast a week. The more the signature, the greater the impact.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Alimoh said:
Increase the number of people who can sign to atleast a 1000 for now, if the response is massive, then keep increasing it. keep the petiotion going for atleast a week. The more the signature, the greater the impact.
cant increase it updates on its own as signatures increase.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Alimoh said:
I gave you guys +1 for wonderful points and starting petition.

This petition would bump up with quite a number of signs with in a few days but what steps are required to forward it to immigration minister Chris Alexander and other immigration officials? Anybody know?

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
se7en said:
This petition would bump up with quite a number of signs with in a few days but what steps are required to forward it to immigration minister Chris Alexander and other immigration officials? Anybody know?
when ever someone signs it a mail is sent to Minister@cic.gc.ca. if there are anymore email ids let me know i will add them

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Alimoh said:
thanks Alimoh for writing the petition.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
unclesamy said:
when ever someone signs it a mail is sent to Minister @ cic.gc.ca. if there are anymore email ids let me know i will add them
There are other email ids but CIC use them for case related correspondence, do you think its a good idea to add them? You might want to add general inquiry related email id for CIC if there is one.

Meiya

Feb 3, 2015
Just registered to give my 5 cents:

In case your text is editable, please do so. There's like 10,000 mistakes in there, which kinda doesn't bode too well if you also state "Our English language skills are up to the mark." Neither CIC nor the Canadian government particularly care about our fate. All they want is to make it easier for Canadians and people on PRs. Hence, the text needs to be presented differently (frankly, there's a lot that I'd simply delete. They aren't interested in how many years people invested in their education). The text needs to be presented in a way that shows them what good immigrants did in the past. Like: 50% of start-ups are founded by immigrants PLUS small and middle sized companies create the most job. Terms like job creation, innovation, initiatives is what they want to hear!

Here's the proofread (and adapted) copy:

Candidates on open work permits and working in Canada need more visibility in Express Entry system.
Concerned Worker
Canada

Recently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced the Express Entry system for immigration, putting thousands of temporary workers on post graduate work permits in great difficulty. Foreigners graduating from Canadian universities and colleges formerly had various options to stay. Consequently, many of us did work towards said options, as life resulted in many of us losing their heart to this county. We have been in Canada for 3 to 6 years, have settled down, adapted and assimilated with the Canadian society and culture. Also, we already have full time jobs which we had to compete for. In fact, well-integrated and hard-working students bring many benefits to Canada:

- Our brains! An economy thrives when people create and innovate. Studies show that nearly half of innovative start-ups are founded by immigrants. However, in order to continue doing so, we need more than just a (hard-to-get) start-up visa.
- Your future. Much like in most Western countries, Canada's suffering from an aging population. We'd be your tax-payers of the future. So, don't throw us out just yet...
- We have special skills. For dozens of years, immigrants have brought many benefits to Canadian businesses. Not only are we well-educated and hard-working, we also add a ton of value with our language skills. Many of us speak and write more than 5 (!) languages.
- We create jobs. Immigrants found about 50% of new ventures. Down the line, this means that we don't just create our own job but many more. Look at Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver: the number of foreign business owners is immense!
- We have a Canadian education: most foreign post-graduates studied in Canada for 2 to 4 years.
- Our youth and health: We are young and thus not a major burden on the heath system (yet, we pay the health premiums as part of our taxes).
- Most of us are single: International students will most probably be immigrating to Canada by themselves, thus neither burdening Canada by bringing in families nor using the health and education systems.

Unfortunately, the recent draw in the Express Entry system brought up the following concerns:

1. That holders of post graduation work permits (PGWP) may suffer from disadvantages due to not being awarded enough points for their Canadian work experience (considering the total of 1200 points).

2. PGWP holders may suffer disadvantages due to not receiving points for their full-time, LMIA-exempt jobs (CRS-arranged employment).

3. In fact, we are required to create a job bank profile even though we already are employed full-time.

4. Being recent graduates, we cannot score high in the foreign experience section. With a few exceptions, however, we already have Canadian work experience.

5. Our employers hired us based on the fact that PGWP are LMIA-exempt. Hence, most of them aren't willing to go through the hassle of an LMIA procedure. Moreover, they might let us go, thinking that we are only going to be in Canada for a short time period. We are afraid to suffer personal consequences - like finally not being offered a promised promotion - due to that shift of immigration policy.

6. As our work permits are expiring soon, some of us are in a very difficult situation. By the time the score required in draws comes down to our level, it may be too late for us - meaning that we need to leave job and country.

7. Canadian companies prefer Canadian experience. So how does it make sense to bring in foreign workers with foreign work experience instead of keeping Canadian-educated and already-experienced post-graduates in the country? Also, contrary to newly immigrating workers, our English and French skills are up to the mark!

We ask you to kindly take into account that international students we have been contributing to the Canadian economy by paying elevated fees (particularly tuition fees). Also, they have been paying taxes on their salaries as well as on any other purchases for the 3-6 years they have been here.

Here are our suggestions for a fairer treatment of people on post-graduate work permits:

1. Introduce an option for extending post-graduate work permits for candidates in the express entry pool.

2. Make LMIAs easier-to-get for candidates on post graduate work permits. Stay strict, but make it possible for them to, if merited, be awarded the additional 600 points.

3. If possible, eliminate or ease the LMIA requirement. Also, increase points awarded for Canadian experience.

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Meiya said:
Just registered to give my 5 cents:

In case your text is editable, please do so. There's like 10,000 mistakes in there, which kinda doesn't bode too well if you also state "Our English language skills are up to the mark." Neither CIC nor the Canadian government particularly care about our fate. All they want is to make it easier for Canadians and people on PRs. Hence, the text needs to be presented differently (frankly, there's a lot that I'd simply delete. They aren't interested in how many years people invested in their education). The text needs to be presented in a way that shows them what good immigrants did in the past. Like: 50% of start-ups are founded by immigrants PLUS small and middle sized companies create the most job. Terms like job creation, innovation, initiatives is what they want to hear!

Here's the proofread (and adapted) copy:

Candidates on open work permits and working in Canada need more visibility in Express Entry system.
Concerned Worker
Canada

Recently, Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced the Express Entry system for immigration, putting thousands of temporary workers on post graduate work permits in great difficulty. Foreigners graduating from Canadian universities and colleges formerly had various options to stay. Consequently, many of us did work towards said options, as life resulted in many of us losing their heart to this county. We have been in Canada for 3 to 6 years, have settled down, adapted and assimilated with the Canadian society and culture. Also, we already have full time jobs which we had to compete for. In fact, well-integrated and hard-working students bring many benefits to Canada:

- Our brains! An economy thrives when people create and innovate. Studies show that nearly half of innovative start-ups are founded by immigrants. However, in order to continue doing so, we need more than just a (hard-to-get) start-up visa.
- Your future. Much like in most Western countries, Canada's suffering from an aging population. We'd be your tax-payers of the future. So, don't throw us out just yet...
- Special skills. For dozens of years, immigrants have brought many benefits to Canadian businesses. Not only are we well-educated and hard-working, we also add a ton of value with our language skills. Many of us speak and write more than 5 (!) languages.
- Jobs. Immigrants found about 50% of new ventures. Down the line, this means that we don't just create our own job but many more. Look at Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver: the number of foreign business owners is immense!
- Our education: most foreign post-graduates studied in Canada for 2 to 4 years.
- Our youth and health: We are young and thus not a major burden on the heath system (yet, we pay the health premiums as part of our taxes).
- Most of us are single: International students will most probably be immigrating to Canada by themselves, thus neither burdening Canada by bringing in families nor using the health and education systems.

Unfortunately, the recent draw in the Express Entry system brought up the following concerns:

1. That holders of post graduation work permits (PGWP) may suffer from disadvantages due to not being awarded enough points for their Canadian work experience (considering the total of 1200 points).

2. PGWP holders may suffer disadvantages due to not receiving points for their full-time, LMIA-exempt jobs (CRS-arranged employment).

3. In fact, we are required to create a job bank profiles even though we already are employed full-time.

4. Being recent graduates, we cannot score high in the foreign experience section. With few exceptions, we mostly have Canadian work experience.

5. Our employers hired us based on the fact that PGWP are LMIA-exempt. Hence, most of them aren't willing to go through the hassle of an LMIA procedure. Moreover, they might let us go, thinking that we are only going to be in Canada for a short time period. We are afraid to suffer personal consequences - like finally not being offered a promised promotion - due to that shift of immigration policy.

6. As our work permits are expiring soon, some of us are in a very difficult situation. By the time the score required in draws comes down to our level, it may be too late for us - meaning that we need to leave job and country.

7. Canadian companies prefer Canadian experience. So how does it make sense to bring in foreign workers with foreign work experience instead of keeping Canadian-educated and already-experienced post-graduates in the country? Also, contrary to newly immigrating workers, our English and French skills are up to the mark!

We ask you to kindly take into account that international students we have been contributing to the Canadian economy by paying elevated fees (particularly tuition fees). Also, they have been paying taxes on their salaries as well as on any other purchases for the 3-6 years they have been here.

Here are our suggestions for a fairer treatment of people on post-graduate work permits:

1. Introduce an option for extending post-graduate work permits for candidates in the express entry pool.

2. Make LMIAs easier-to-get for candidates on post graduate work permits. Stay strict, but make it possible for them to, if merited, be awarded the additional 600 points.

3. If possible, eliminate or ease the LMIA requirement. Also increase points awarded for Canadian experience.
Yup, I was noticing the errors as well. Please update the petition Unclesamy. Almost add that Canadian education should be given higher points as compared to education from abroad.

Incan1010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Why you guys worried so much it's only 1 draw done wait till 2nd draw then will know how they are making draws. Second thing this is not our country if you don't like you can choose other country or else go back to your home country. Every country working on their own policy and right now they have enough people here. Why you came to Canada be coz you want to settle Here so be calm and follow the immigration rules and regulations.

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
@ Meiya first and foremost i am not an English major so yes I have made mistakes. Its typical to do nothing and when someone has taken initiative to poke fun at them. I didnt see u when i was asking for help to write this petition. yes i will make changes to the best of my ability i wont add things like "studies have shown" etc as I would need a source for those studies. I am making changes because thats the right thing to do.

Meiya

Feb 3, 2015
Frankly, I do not second the education-thing. That would put people on IECs in a disadvantage. I am one of them!

It wouldn't make any sense to ask for ECAs but then award more points for Canadian education. Also, getting a Canadian education should still have the focus of actually getting the degree - not PR...

IMHO, they should just create a type of LMIA for graduates. Still a process allowing for a certain control (and market need) but less of a hassle.