+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Extention

H_kiani

Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys,

after my studies i was eligible to receive 3 years of work permit. However, due to the validity of my passport i was given 1.5 years and was told i'll be able to apply for the rest once I get my new passport. I have tired bunch of time to apply online but it won't let me, is the paper base application the only way >/?

Thanks

kaykat27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys,

after my studies i was eligible to receive 3 years of work permit. However, due to the validity of my passport i was given 1.5 years and was told i'll be able to apply for the rest once I get my new passport. I have tired bunch of time to apply online but it won't let me, is the paper base application the only way >/?

Thanks
Just curious, why don't you apply for PR instead?

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
First, you need to extend your passport.

Then apply online for PGWP (as of you are applying for the first time). You would need to fill CIC form, Graduation Letter or Transcript, your new passport in passport section, a digital photo and lastly a simple letter of explanation saying why you are requesting intention.

In the letter, you can mention that on your current PGWP, it's written in "Remarks" section that WP issued until passport expiry. Then attach your current PGWP and old passport, along with letter on first page, in a single PDF. You will upload this letter in LOE section.

Remember, that the questions you answer in "Come to Canada" tool, doesn't matter much. They are used to just generate correct forms and documents. Your application will be assessed based on the forms not questions.

CIC will then issue a new PGWP, completing your another 1.5 years.