POST Graduate work permit .....credits or subjects ??? please help....urgent

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in BC
My friend in BC was enrolled into 16 courses PG program (=2 years), got SP for 2 years and transfered credits for SEVEN courses from her home country bachelor degree towards pG program. So it was only 9 courses left. It took her 2 semesters to finish. However, she did not graduate in April but asked the university for a permission to take another course from that program, the one with transferred credits. Graduated in December and got a 3 year PGWP.

I discussed this case with my another friend who worked as a Registrar in the university in Alberta , and she told me that usually when a student applies for PGWP CIC looks at the initial lengh of program and not a factual. CIC looks at the lengh of the program in your letter of acceptance from the university and a lengh of your SP (Let's assume that you were a student in a good standing all the time). However, my first friend did not take a risk to finish her 2 yr program in one year, and "extended" it for 1,5 years by taking that last course in the third semester and because of that or not ( I am not sure if she graduated in 1 year she would get 3 yr PGWP) she got 3 year PGWP.

happy1202

Jul 17, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have some similar queries. I am studying in 2 year Post Degree Diploma in Business Management in B.C and having 20 courses with 60 credits.
But I also did MBA from my home country and studied almost 4 to 5 courses that are almost similar to the current one. So, I think to transfer the credits of those courses(subjects) to add up in my transcript rather than doing again. But, I am confused that if I will transfer credits then in future will I get 3-year PGWP or not? As I heard from my friends that embassy only consider your Canadian's study credits and that should be a minimum of 60 to earn 3-year PGWP. Please help me out from this confusion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have some similar queries. I am studying in 2 year Post Degree Diploma in Business Management in B.C and having 20 courses with 60 credits.
But I also did MBA from my home country and studied almost 4 to 5 courses that are almost similar to the current one. So, I think to transfer the credits of those courses(subjects) to add up in my transcript rather than doing again. But, I am confused that if I will transfer credits then in future will I get 3-year PGWP or not? As I heard from my friends that embassy only consider your Canadian's study credits and that should be a minimum of 60 to earn 3-year PGWP. Please help me out from this confusion.
Have you received a study permit? The overlap in courses will likely be a concern. To get a student permit the program needs to lead to better career opportunities. The diploma is a step down from an MBA as well.

happy1202

Jul 17, 2018
Have you received a study permit? The overlap in courses will likely be a concern. To get a student permit the program needs to lead to better career opportunities. The diploma is a step down from an MBA as well.
Yes, I got and I know this but I want to understand Business management with an international exposure so that is why I wanna do it. I have seen the differences as well.

Vatsals9393

Apr 24, 2019
Well, I have the same query and I Got the email from the college but I could not understand the content. Can someone please help me out to understand the content. below is the content

We offer Advanced Diplomas that are transferable to over 75 Universities world wide towards your degree/masters. This does not mean other universities not mentioned on the website won’t accept theses – each university makes the decision students just have to submit their transfer credits for determining. You can find out more in formation on our website

www.focuscollege.com

In Canada we have 5 that we have agreements with -4 of which are in BC

The University of the Fraser Valley (Vancouver) confirmed that the students who finishes our AD business program will be eligible to get 42 credits for the Diploma in general studies from UFV and the 60 credits towards bachelor’s in integrated studies. Which will make the student eligible for the Post Graduate Work permit after a Diploma program.

Please note our students are also transferrable to RRU-Royal Roads University- Victoria B.C, TRU-Thompson Rivers University- Kamloops B.C, TWU-Trinity Western University- Langley B.C & UPE-University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PEI.

GUNDEEP79

Aug 29, 2022
@gaur9786 Hey buddy i hope to got your solution till now, please share your experience with me. I am also in the same situation as you in post baac marketing with 16 courses. PLease help buddy.