+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit by FlagPolling for non-exempt visa countries

robingosh

Dec 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I am just done with my masters with valid degree completion letter. I also have a full-time job offer from a Canadian company but Canadian Immigration and Citizenship is taking 3 months to process Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). I am not sure that my company will wait till then. I was introduced to flagpolling, as two of my friends recently got PGWP through this process.

As i am from a non-exempt visa country, i hold a valid study visa (SW-1) and valid study permit till July 2016. My questions are:
1. Can i acquire PGWP through flagpolling?
2. Is it possible to travel to USA and come back without flagpolling and acquire the PGWP on the way back?
3. If it is possible, is it better than flagpolling? I have read that flagpolling is an administrative refusal to USA and does not effect future travels in States, is it true?

Please advice as i am very tensed.

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Hi robingosh,

1. As far as I know, PGWP can be acquired by flagpolling. Though it would be wise to consider its risks and know as much as possible about this option.

2. From what I know, you will likely be asked about a reason of your visit to the U.S. If it's for flagpolling at the Canadian border, then you should technically mention that. From there, I guess you could clarify with U.S. officials if you could travel in the US for some time and do flagpole later on the way back, if that's what you're asking about.

Better, try asking these questions at the "Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant" topic. Currently, it's the most popular one for PGWP, and has a wealth of useful information. For example, take a look at a post by jubear on page 182 or a post by anna1506 on page 71 who shares flagpolling experience. Unfortunately, I cannot post any URLs in my posts.

Hope you can find answers there. Good luck on PGWP!
P.S. Timelines can be much longer than 3 months.