+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit application

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
No problem! Good luck to you as well!!
I forgot to ask one last question, I’ve been told that I don’t need a US Visa to flagpole, is this true? All I have is my passport, and valid study permit to re-enter Canada. I’m not sure if this is a risk?

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
I forgot to ask one last question, I’ve been told that I don’t need a US Visa to flagpole, is this true? All I have is my passport, and valid study permit to re-enter Canada. I’m not sure if this is a risk?
You should not be worried about that. I have US visa but they didn't take any record at all. Just tell the port of entry that you are here for flagpoling, they will give you a piece of paper to do it.

Reactions: blam34

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Just need to make sure your student visa is valid.

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Just need to make sure your student visa is valid.
When you say student visa, did you mean as in study permit or Temporary Resident Visa which is used to enter Canada at the airport? These are 2 completely different documents so I really want to make sure you know? My TRV expired years ago cuz I don’t have a plan to go back to my country anytime soon.

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
When you say student visa, did you mean as in study permit or Temporary Resident Visa which is used to enter Canada at the airport? These are 2 completely different documents so I really want to make sure you know? My TRV expired years ago cuz I don’t have a plan to go back to my country anytime soon.
I mean your student Permit. When I flagpoled my TRV also expired which is fine. In fact as long as your student permit is not expired you don't need a TRV for re-entry from the states.

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I mean your student Permit. When I flagpoled my TRV also expired which is fine. In fact as long as your student permit is not expired you don't need a TRV for re-entry from the states.
thank you for clarifying this, then I think I have all the documents to go, I’m going next Tuesday at Emerson border, fingers crossed.

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Good luck! you got this!
Update: I did flagpole and got my PGWP for 3 years. The whole experience was much simpler than I thought. It was really nerve-wrecking when the official was processing the documents though. But I’m glad it worked and thanks for your help!

Reactions: Evens

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Update: I did flagpole and got my PGWP for 3 years. The whole experience was much simpler than I thought. It was really nerve-wrecking when the official was processing the documents though. But I’m glad it worked and thanks for your help!
Awesome! You are welcome! Congrats~One more step to immigration!

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Awesome! You are welcome! Congrats~One more step to immigration!
Yes one more step. I’m going with the Provincial Nominees Program, this is the one everyone has recommended me. I wonder if there is a shorter way?

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Yes one more step. I’m going with the Provincial Nominees Program, this is the one everyone has recommended me. I wonder if there is a shorter way?
I think PNP is fast enough.
I am doing CEC and I have 8 months to go. As long as you have a valid 1 year work experience in NOC 0, A or B would do. My company is too small for PNP but good luck with your job hunting!

blam34

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I think PNP is fast enough.
I am doing CEC and I have 8 months to go. As long as you have a valid 1 year work experience in NOC 0, A or B would do. My company is too small for PNP but good luck with your job hunting!
CEC requires 1 year of experience? The PNP only requires 6 months if I’m correct, and I don’t understand what you meant when you said your company was too small for PNP? Does it have to be a big corporate firm?

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
I think the company must have certain numbers of employees etc.
I am not super sure about the restriction but CEC is good enough for me...