+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate studies

Shini

Nov 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have a BA in Economics and Law (3-year undergraduate studies from Mauritius). Which course would be the best option in order to increase the chance of my Permanent Residency afterward?

Many thanks,

Darshini

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have a BA in Economics and Law (3-year undergraduate studies from Mauritius). Which course would be the best option in order to increase the chance of my Permanent Residency afterward?

Many thanks,

Darshini
What program will advance your career and education in your home country? That is what you need to show to get approved for a study permit. SInce you have a law/economic degree look at Masters programs You need to decide your career path.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Many thanks,

Darshini
The fact that you only have a 3 year bachelors will be problem for most masters programs.

Shini

Nov 20, 2021
The fact that you only have a 3 year bachelors will be problem for most masters programs.
Hi,

Yeah, the universities that I am looking at, their requirements ask for a 4-year bachelor's and for 3-4 years of working experience- which I don't have. In that respect, I was thinking to do a post-graduate diploma and was considering Global business management since it does not require any previous degree related to business. However, I'm not confident about the course since I find it to be a generic one.

Thus, I am seeking help to identity a course which would be the best option for my career since i want to switch to business studies and certainly a course which will increase the chance of my Permanent Residency afterwards? - i want to change my career path and not really into doing further economics.

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Yeah, the universities that I am looking at, their requirements ask for a 4-year bachelor's and for 3-4 years of working experience- which I don't have. In that respect, I was thinking to do a post-graduate diploma and was considering Global business management since it does not require any previous degree related to business. However, I'm not confident about the course since I find it to be a generic one.

Thus, I am seeking help to identity a course which would be the best option for my career since i want to switch to business studies and certainly a course which will increase the chance of my Permanent Residency afterwards? - i want to change my career path and not really into doing further economics.

Thanks,
You must find a course that will lead to career progression in your home country and that makes sense based on your previous education and work history. You’ll need to do your own research .

MNJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi Guys,

Many thanks,

Darshini
Hi Darshini
There are many universities which accept 3 year Bachelor degree. I would suggest MBA or Master Project Management but in meantime try to obtain GMAT if considering MBA

Mar 7, 2022
Hi Guys,

I have completed BSc Computers in 2017 and currently working in Infosys as Siebel Admin(Designation : Senior Associate Consultant). So kindly suggest me if studying MBA HR in Canada will increase chance of getting PR, after my course completion..? Also kindly suggest whether doing MBA HR is the right descision.
OR. Can I apply for PR from India with my experience of 4.6 years(till current date), what is the chance of getting PR with this experience and my graduation....

Moving to Canada with PR or study visa is suggested...?
I am married and want to move with my husband as my dependency. So can you kindly suggest what will be the best process of migration to Canada..?

Thanks,
Nikhitha.

Last edited:

MNJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
hi Nikita,
I think it is better to do MBA in canada and that will increase your chance of getting PR. You will have also canada work experience. There are PNP programs in some state that are easy to get PR eg, Nova Scotia, New Nrunswick or Alberta.
If u are considering MBA then GMAT about 550 is a requirement though there are some universities that do not require GMAT
move to canada with study visa then your husband can get easily open work permit where he can work 40 hrs per week right when entry to canada.

But remember you are studying graduate in computer and u are willing to do MBA in canada , ,immigration canada might see the 2 courses not compatible and refuse to give study permit. Another option would be master in Project Management or MBA project Management

Mar 7, 2022
Hi,
Thanks for the info and your guidence, will choose the one of the option from the 2 given by you.
Can you kindly conform few more things :
1. Is it ok if I choose Master in Project Management, as I am mostly interested in Management side of IT field, if ok what is the duration and process to proceed further for applying for this course
2. Will I get 2year(study) + 1year(work) total 3 years Visa, if I choose 1year course of Project Management..? Or what would be your suggestion to get 3 year visa, as I want to immigrate to Canada in future..?
3. Do my husband need to attend any exam like IELTS or other to travel with me as my dependent...? If yes, which exam he should take and what is the minimum required band he should get in that exam..?
Thanks,
Nikhitha

Last edited:

MNJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hi Nikita,
Master project management is OK
First do research which universities or colleges provide this program see if the program is one year or more. select your choice university or colleges , the latter is cheaper. If you choose 1 year course u will get 1 yr pg work permit, with 2 years, u will get 3 yr work permit after graduation. 2 yr course is better u will get study visa for 2 yr, then 3 yr post graduate permit.
I dont think yr husband will require IELTS but i need to check , upon yr obtention of study permit he will get open work permit.

Check Algoma University
you should decide what is yr priority getting plenty of jobs or getting PR first this should be yr first priority then u should seek colleges as per yr preference.

pl tell me r u indian
Regards

MNJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Your husband no need to take any exam
In meantime start practicing IELTS watch youtube aim score 7.0
Have your degree and transcript certified a true one
you can also have your degree assessed by WES, check WES online check

Mar 7, 2022
Thank you so much for this info.
I am Indian.

I have one more doubt, as I told earlier I have completed by graduation in 2017 and had a break of 4.6 yrs dur to my job.
Will this gap effect my student visa now....
Actually few are saying that, it is difficult for me to get student visa now due to my education gap. Is this true...?

And also do we have intakes in September, 2022...?How can I get this info...

Thanks,
Nikhitha.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for this info.
I am Indian.

I have one more doubt, as I told earlier I have completed by graduation in 2017 and had a break of 4.6 yrs dur to my job.
Will this gap effect my student visa now....
Actually few are saying that, it is difficult for me to get study visa now due to my education gap. Is this true...?

And also do we have intakes in September, 2022...?How can I get this info...

Thanks,
Nikhitha.
If you are taking a MBA at a public university then you have a higher chance of success. Intake for most MBAs are September or January. You need to get accepted and you may be too late for Fall 2022.